• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vvkozmenko

vvkozmenko

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:44 AM

Hi,
Has anyone triedtheMintBox Mini running Bodhi? What’s the speed compared with the same box and Linux Mint 18.2?

The original MB-Mini has been upgraded to 8GB but it is often runs too slowly:

- clicking the Synaptic manager consistently (each time) results in about 30 delay
- browsing is way slower than Bodhi on ThinkPas X200S
- Youtube is completely disfunctional due to almost permanent freezes

The only benefit over Bodhi is a better software compatibility:

- digiKam 5.7.0 runs with no problem
- Symphytum 2.2 crashes at launch on Bodhi so had to go back to S 2.1

Still have not identified LiveUSB creator tool for Bodhi (maybe Etcher?) so do not know if I should expect problems with Bodhi in that department.

Tried using live Bodhi ISO on that box - very slow booting (probably because of using USB 2.0) port - will try the other port.

I am getting into a very busy part of the year so I would like to learn from someone experience first.

Thank you for any feedback.

Thank you,

Al

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4617 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:16 PM

About Live USB creator tool:

The Bodhi ISO is created using Bodhibuilder. This brings you a hybrid ISO that can boot on multiple architectures. There is no need for a tool to get perfect bootable USB-sticks with Bodhi. A simple command is enough. 

(you will need to determine which devicename has been assigned to your USB. Do not copy & paste this command directly without changing '/dev/sdX', it won't work. NB dd CAN be dangerous ... now you've been warned.)
sudo dd if=/path/to/bodhilinux.iso of=/dev/sdX

Where if is the input file and of the output file. Make sure sdX points to your USB-stick as dd "wipes out" all existing content while duplicating the iso to the given destination.

Enjoy,

Charles.

#3 vvkozmenko

vvkozmenko

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:01 PM

Thank you, Charles.

How is the weather like now in the Netherlands? Last year I've been to Leiden, Utrecht, Amsterdam and the Haag.

I loved those little sculptures at the beach in the Haag.

Long time ago, when I was a child back in 70s, we had a variety of little dolls from the same theme - round-headed little dolls.

I need to go to Leiden again - very nice little town.

Take care,

Val

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users