8 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12549 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:24 PM

That time of year again - just about time for a new set of ISO images.

If anyone has time please give some of these a try: https://sourceforge....ux/files/4.4.0/

Want to avoid an issue like we had last time that caused a need for a 4.3.1 release to happen.

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 amerigena

amerigena

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:00 PM

Live session on a 4 GB RAM Core 2 Quad Vostro 410 is very fast and responsive. Everything Menu and all applications that I've launched are working as expected.

I am going to perform an install on an 8 GB RAM Core I5 Inspiron 620 in a few minutes. I will be very sure to apt update && check sources.list after installation.

Thank you.

amerigena

#3 amerigena

amerigena

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:34 PM

Installation finished.

Some observations :

1). Installation took eleven minutes from beginning of Live session until restart prompt.

2). Running an apt update && apt upgrade -y showed that packages.bodhilinux.com was present as a repository, as expected. Pulseaudio was updated during the apt transaction. I have not had the opportunity to actually test audio playback yet.

3). Font rendering seems much better. This may seem like a minor consideration, but the improvement (to me) seems considerable.

4). Items in the bottom panel? shelf? iBar? scale better when its size is reduced and look good.

5). After the Live session finished, the system rebooted, Moksha launched and index.html from /usr/share/bodhi/quickstart/quickstartEN opened in Geany instead of Midori or Chromium. I believe that this is not the expected behavior.

This looks like a very good release. I look forward to testing it further. Thanks again Jeff.

amerigena

#4 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4633 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:24 PM

Just downloaded the isos, will test install them in VB this evening.

Isn't that geany thing specific for the appack version? I noticed that some releases ago. html seems to be bound to the editor, not to the default browser.

Enjoy,

Charles

#5 amerigena

amerigena

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:57 PM

Thank you Charles. I should have specified that I was installing the appack ISO.

Interesting.

amerigena

#6 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12549 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:42 PM

Yea - that is a minor known issue I haven't dug out the details of yet. On the live CD it opens in Chrome as expected, but the installed system then opens it in the text editor for some reason. 

#7 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4633 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:41 PM

Strange that here the appack-version in VB opened the QuickGuide on first reboot in Chromium but not in Geany. Can't explain.

So far no issues at all, both legacy, default64 and appack.

Tested 64bit in a UEFI enabled VM and had no issues. Except that I still need that "startup.nsh" file to enable a cold boot in VBox, but it is not created at first boot or during the installation. Have to do some checking in bodhibuilder, but it's no showstopper, only used on rare occasions.

Enjoy,

Charles

#8 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12549 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:19 PM

These discs seem to pass all my sanity checks. Unless anyone else found something show stopping will make a release post tonight and change the download links on the site. 

#9 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4633 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:29 PM

Just found out that the creation of the file "startup.nsh" was moved from firstboot to ubiquity/apt-setup. Too bad that at the time of executing the latter the if-condition for /boot/efi/EFI is not true as the bootloader is not installed yet. Assuming that the first boot is triggered by the reboot initiated by ubiquity that condition is true on first boot. Will discuss this with <sef>.

Enjoy,

Charles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users