bay trail intel apollo cherry lake intel tablet

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SRYoung

SRYoung

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:53 PM

For those of you that are following the recent hardware/kernel situation with regards to atom (bay trail/cherry lake) and apollo devices the newer kernel supports acpi and sound wifi and bluetooth the latter can be questionable as well as touch screens (silead seemingly still has no patch due to acpi issues) however bodhi which runs on ubuntu LTS does not have the newer kernel however linuxium has a script to add in the new kernel and most wifi bluetooth sound drivers, I requested to add bodhi to the supported distros and the answer was The Bodhi ISO is structured differently meaning my script requires changes. Only if there was sufficient interest would I add support for Bodhi so those of you that would like support for your intel based tablet if you can please go to his blog and express your interest. (just for the record the only real competitor to bodhi is lxde in speed and bodhi is way better.... so on a 100 dollar tablet with 4g ram it makes a big difference ) go to linuxium.com.au.blogspot.com

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12549 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:44 AM

What Kernel version has the support for the hardware you are using? Bodhi 4.4.0 will be releasing soon with the 4.13 kernel by default.

#3 sef

sef

Bodhi Builder Wizard

• Developer
  • 334 posts
  • LocationATL

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:16 PM

Do you know what is the desired ISO creation method?

If we can retain the same functionality with regards to Legacy & UEFI booting, I would be willing to look into tweaking our ISO creation command.

Forum Rules (link)

---------------------------------------------------

Nothing is as simple as it seems at first, or as hopeless as it seems in the middle,

or as finished as it seems in the end.

---------------------------------------------------

"That's not how the force works..."  -- Han Solo

#4 SRYoung

SRYoung

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:07 PM

the updated kernels provide not only drivers but also fix most problems from older kernels such as acpi issues I would like the most recent 4.15 but that of course is still in development but after 4.13 they do have acpi (try using bohdi and it turns off suddenly of course not in middle of a movie only some important doc...) also the drivers can be added for sound and wifi from the linuxinium website he has scripts for them as for the kernel itself it seams that the script has multipal changes to the kernel moduals add and other changes, I would think Imho to make a intel iso much like the current one, I do not think that it can be used with legacy computers but have not tried it.

The reason why I would like this that in tablets Intel has the best support for linux and is already x86 look at website such as  gearbest (historically chuwi has the most hardware that is linux supported)  and although they are knockoffs the design is good for the average user also hdd speeds do not really matter (were talking about running bodhi right) their are some things that are badly designed such as a tf card not being able to be inserted in the obook11 plus w/o a sharp object but this is where cheap tablets and netbooks are at.

#5 SRYoung

SRYoung

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:16 PM

I think all the changes are in the isorespin.sh script

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users