moshka

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SRYoung

SRYoung

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:27 PM

I was in middle of using bodhibuilder when the screen saver went on and asked if it should change the setting of the screen saver I chose no and this error came up I finished bodhibuilder and restarted but after the log on screen it loops back to the log on screen, seemingly I need to reinstall Moshka Which I did not try yet just reporting the bug unless I should use bugzilla?

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12549 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:41 AM

Does your drive have any space remaining? That message generally implies Moksha either doesn't have permission to write to your configuration directory or there isn't space to write.

Creating an ISO image takes a good deal of space.

#3 DOOMguy

DOOMguy

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:39 PM

SRYoung, it is spelled Moksha. It is a newbie mistake -- no worries, no stress. But now that you can spell it correctly, you are officially no longer a newbie :)

Unsolicited advice for learning linux, that won't cost you anything

#4 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1678 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:45 PM

I like name Moshka. It sounds cute in slovak :)

#5 DOOMguy

DOOMguy

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:43 PM

The symptoms point to a bad ISO. Make a new live USB, using a different ISO.

Have you performed a chksum on the ISO, or verified its integrity? We can show you how, and there are other pages --and similar threads in this forum-- that explain it clearly.

As a last sanity check, boot from the USB, not from the installed Bodhi, capisce?

Unsolicited advice for learning linux, that won't cost you anything

#6 SRYoung

SRYoung

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:17 PM

ok this is embarassing I had this mistake when using termenonolgy but I couldn't figure out what whent wrong until after wards...   by the way where did the name come from?

anyways the hdd partition is 120gd so plenty of space thier and after starting moksha got a error think with Eet but with sudo worked now stuck by  Ecore_X says Moksha cannot initialize Ecore_X

#7 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12549 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:11 AM

How are you trying to start Moksha? Generally that error means you are trying to start the desktop without an active xserver running. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: moshka

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users