22 replies to this topic

#21 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12582 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:59 PM

Anyway, feel free to ask E developers about this feature (the menu system is theirs idea) and if they are willing help you, we can try to port the changes to moksha.

Stefan

When it comes time to define Bodhi and what sets this distro apart from hundreds of others also based on debian, it all comes down to the user experience, doesn't it?  You call it Moksha, because you take Enlightenment and make it better.  But if someone points out a glaringly obvious oversight, all of a sudden, people start getting all offended and say it's not Moksha anymore - it's just plain debian with enlightenment on top of it and you forget that you're supposedly making Moksha. 

And now you want your end-users to negotiate with your upstream sources on your behalf?  Please do tell us how you plan to grant us that power.

You guys would stand to gain, if you made up your mind - either you are responsible for the Moksha experience or you aren't. 

Very sorry that I brought up the question again, and that you find source of irritation with it. I find your standoffish attitude surprising.  I only asked because I saw there was a new version and was curious as to whether it was fixed or not. 

Maybe I'll just shut up and join the others who left without giving you any feedback. I wouldn't want to be the last one left who gets it and gives you extra work. That's just a way of making me feel guilty.  Very sorry that I asked.

I feel like you really just don't understand what we are doing here. We aren't trying to be set apart. We aren't trying to be special. We are trying to provide a Linux distribution that works for our needs. If it doesn't work for your needs feel free to contribute so it does, or move onto something else. That is the great thing about open source - you have lots of choice.

We aren't some all reaching project. We aren't trying to be everything to everyone. We are trying to provide a stable desktop for our own personal computers. If that also works for other people great! If it doesn't work for you - don't use it. 

No need to throw a fit because no one contributing their time for free to the Bodhi project doesn't find a feature you want useful enough to write ourselves. 

The only person responsible for your user experience is you

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#22 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1716 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:12 PM

I have no more energy for answers...

#23 Rongxiang LIN

Rongxiang LIN

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:19 PM

I have no more energy for answers...

In Bodhi, we encourage fellows not to tire one selves out unnecessarily in our respective voluntary incarnations, whether are you solving a technical glitch or releasing 4.5.0 next, breathe in and realise that we are alive!  :) 

Son. Student. Citizen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users