moksha brightness desktop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rorymabangis

rorymabangis

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 03:31 AM

hello,  i have installed the latest version of bodi linux (as of dec 15,2017) but i cant seem to place icons on the desktop.  my hp laptop screen is kinda bright for my eyes and the keys at f2 and f3 (adjustment for brightness) does not work however my volume keys does work with no problems (f7 and f8)

is there a step by step guide how to resolve my problems

thank you

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 15 December 2017 - 06:59 AM

Hello there

1. Placing icons was easy in the past, but in Moksha desktop was disabled native E file manager which controled this feature. So, now it is possible to do this with lBar gadget. Try placing this gadget on the screen, create a new IBar section and put all apps you want to have there.
2. Brightness
2a easy way: menu-settings-modules-backlight will add the bulb to the shelf and you can set the value with mouse
2b Look up the Key Bindings setup dialog and try to bind keys from left side to Backlight up and Backlight down from the right side.

Feel free to ask if needs, I am writing in little hurry

Stefan

#3 Rongxiang LIN

Rongxiang LIN

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 26 December 2017 - 04:10 PM

hello,  i have installed the latest version of bodi linux (as of dec 15,2017) but i cant seem to place icons on the desktop.  my hp laptop screen is kinda bright for my eyes and the keys at f2 and f3 (adjustment for brightness) does not work however my volume keys does work with no problems (f7 and f8)

is there a step by step guide how to resolve my problems

thank you

A long time ago we once recommended buying screen filters instead of software fixes when machines were causing "too bright" discomforts, because back then we even spoke of ultra violet rays and office ceiling lights reflecting off the LCD screen. I understand the TS because when I was programming on a daily basis it was a nightmare too whenever I installed a linux distribution that could not dim the laptop screen. I was quite amused when I read this post less because of any form of negativity, but more so because these days there are millions of earthlings that practically plaster their Samsung or Apple smartphones before their eyes in blinding ways that would be a huge parenting taboo in the 1980s, I suddenly had no idea this evening reading this that screen brightness could actually be a social difficulty until the TS mentioned. In a nutshell, what scares me is not that one user has an issue with screen brightness, what scares me is that there is an entire planet of earthlings staring at bright screens on a daily basis and yet I do not hear of them complaining about screen brightness (and I won't want to have to fix them all i.e. the users not the hardwares)..

Son. Student. Citizen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users