• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 robot774

robot774

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationOlso

Posted 21 December 2017 - 04:12 PM

Looking to install something like shown in this video at this time-stamp if you pause it:  https://youtu.be/8ZpA_VTbHTU?t=1m51s

Some other Ubuntu based distros using other DEs have a GUI based settings panel for graphical tablets.

Anyone know how I can get something similar in Bodhi?

The tablet sort-of works fine, but I want to be able to easily see settings, my 9 year old has taken an interest in drawing on the PC and of course I want to steer her away from Win/OSX and onto Linux where Krita, Gimp and Inkscape can do so much without the closed source and astronomical license costs.

Thanks in advance for any ideas and solutions.

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Rongxiang LIN

Rongxiang LIN

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 26 December 2017 - 04:24 PM

Don't mean any form of defence of Microsoft, but GIMP can be quite easily installed on Windows too.

Once worked at Fujitsu as a consultant and totally loved their touch screen tablets, was even given a Fujitsu one that came with Windows when relief teaching at a local high school and would bring it around the campus either at the canteen or the classroom.  ^_^ The kids were curious enough they would be keen on the stylus. About steering your sweet nine year old, the news has arrived in Singapore this morning that Oslo is completely banning cars in the cities, imho it's a better idea riding a bike or walking instead of steering, perhaps..

Son. Student. Citizen.

#3 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12582 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:28 PM

Do you have an example of another tool you used under other desktops for setting up what you are looking to do? In general GUIs for configuring hardware like this shouldn't be desktop specific and should work under Bodhi / Moksha also.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: drawing, graphical, tablet, settings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users