intel hd intel hd drivers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Keemo

Keemo

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 11:33 PM

Hello, Bodhi Linux community. I'm almost new to Linux, have used it maybe for a week or so in the past. Laptops hard drive broke, and I can't get a new one right now. Some for some time I have to use my PC with only USB stick. I installed BL on my EasyNote TE11HC, Pentium B980, Intel HD Graphics, 4GB of RAM. OS runs good of the USB stick, just dragging windows around is laggy, leaves a trail, and I suspect that my drivers are the problem. Spent some time googling, but couldn't find anything. First time using Linux in this particular laptop. When I type lshq -c video in terminal, it show the following: 

description: VGA compatible controller
       product: 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller
       vendor: Intel Corporation
       physical id: 2
       bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
       version: 09
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
       configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
       resources: irq:25 memory:c0000000-c03fffff memory:b0000000-bfffffff ioport:3000(size=64) memory:c0000-dffff

I don't think that i915 is the correct driver for Intel HD. Can anyone help me with this? Also, I don't think it should run at 33 MHz.

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 meanpt

meanpt

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 08:17 AM

lshq doesn't exist. To get that output you used lshw for sure.

#3 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 440 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 22 December 2017 - 04:28 PM

With a qwerty keyboard I am guessing lshq is a typo.

#4 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4675 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 22 December 2017 - 04:55 PM

Hmm, my computer has an integrated Intel HD 3rd generation and runs with the i915 chipset/driver and a i3 CPU and 4GB RAM with no issues.

What you are seeing is probably caused by the fact that your system is on a USB stick. I suspect that your computer does only have USB2 which is a slow connection. Plus some sticks have slow firmware to begin with. Heavy operations like moving a window around might be too much. Once you have it installed on a decent harddrive again these lags and trails will be gone IMO.

Enjoy,

Charles

• sef likes this

#5 SRYoung

SRYoung

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:51 AM

https://01.org/linuxgraphicsare responsible for the driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users