8 replies to this topic

#1 daniel76

daniel76

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:22 AM

Happy new year!

Hi,

today i update kernel via Synaptic to version 4-13-0-21, but no Internet connection...Nm-applet is starting ,but no show any wi-fi routers...

probably the video driver also does not work correctly because it does not determine the correct resolution of the laptop screen, also not grafical boot (bodhi logo)..

Unfortunately i delete old driver 4-11....someting with the kernel-extra-4.11.....

How to restore old kernel or repair the system without internet?

I'm writing at the moment in other  linux  PCLOS (dual-boot laptop)? Laptop is Dell-Vostro3560

Bodhi is version 4.4.0..fully updated

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:27 AM

Hello and happy New Year :)

Are you in trouble only with wifi connection or generally with Internet connection? Does your Internet work with wired solution? If yes, you are out of the troubles...

Stefan 

#3 daniel76

daniel76

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:31 AM

Hi, only Wi-Fi...,not wired internet.....

#4 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1715 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:42 AM

So the easiest solution is to install back your working kernel.

1. connect your PC to Internet with wire

2. open the terminology and type:

3. sudo apt-get install linux-image-extra-4.11.0-14-generic

Then, reboot your PC, choose this kernel in Grub, boot, and try the wifi connection. If succeed, purge the 4.13 version

Stefan

#5 daniel76

daniel76

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:21 AM

I download linux-image and linux-image-extra as a .deb files, install it,but  do not have a network yet...partially succsess- video driver is

resurrected :D

#6 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1715 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 12:51 PM

Why did you download the deb package? My apt-get install method did not work?
Btw: are you sure your previous kernel was 4.11?

#7 daniel76

daniel76

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 03:02 PM

Yes i"m sure...I download two files from here : https://packages.ubu...eneric/downloadand extra also..install with Gdebi and reboot,..from grub i choose this kernel an go..now i have Bodhi boot screen  and correct resolution, but no inet..

#8 daniel76

daniel76

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 04:30 PM

Finally internet via Wi-Fi  works fine..but has a new problem : nm-applet not save ID of router, when I suspend laptop after wake-up is necessary log out and log in to go...

P.S

I delete all stored connections in  /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections,reboot  and insert ID and password again...always  is O.K

#9 Rongxiang LIN

Rongxiang LIN

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:54 PM

Sorry, imho thread starter does not seem unskilled with Linux or computers but the way in which the symptoms are being communicated are tantamount to solving one's parents. What he / she needs is to do is take a walk, catch a breather, have a look at his / her surroundings such as the trees and water, birds and bees, then come back another time. If Bodhi Linux charges moolah over such incidents, I would recommend instead that Jeff and team start billing for professional services, In which case a helpdesk ticketing system is recommended here, otherwise, like I have said, because it's good natured open-source you see, consider my suggestion instead. It's not that I avoid solving the technical problem at hand, what I am pointing out here are life skills: if we do any decent course in an engineering or science school they will usually make the student do some soft skills as well, tell yourself Daniel that you are human. Computers often have a lifespan shorter than a cat. In economics, Daniel's fifth reply is known as marginal disutility.  :P 

Son. Student. Citizen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users