• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vvkozmenko

vvkozmenko

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:35 PM

Hello, everybody,

I plan to switch my desktop computer to Bodhi, and I have a Lenovo laptop with the newly installed Bodhi and a dozen of apps that I need.

On the laptop, when I run system updates/upgrades the only thing that seems to be missing is the expired key notification. Jeff mentioned that this must be benign.

What would be a better approach with installing Bodhi on the desktop - build an ISO with Bodhibuilder or perform an clean minimal Bodhi installation followed by the manual installation of all the required apps?

Thank you in advance,

Val

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12582 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:51 PM

Either method is fine. Depending on the speed of your internet connection it is likely faster to just install from the base ISO image and then install the apps you want.

If your internet is fairly slow / limited you'd save bandwidth rolling a new image. 

#3 vvkozmenko

vvkozmenko

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:50 PM

Hi, Jeff,

My connection is pretty fast.

I thought that building an ISO on the laptop will save some time and eliminate the need to install all the apps again.

At the same time, I was a little concerned that if there were any discrepancies in the laptop installation, they would be transferred to the desktop (I have not noticed any problems with the system on the laptop yet except for the expired KEY for the Vivaldi browser that showed up this morning. Last night all the updates/upgrades ran smoothly).

I am leaning toward building an iSO with the bodhibuilder since I have never done it before and it would be some new experience for me. I see no reasons why not to do it unless someone points them out to me. That's why any advice from a more experienced Bodhi Linux user is very welcomed.

Thank you again,

Val

#4 SRYoung

SRYoung

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:25 AM

I would tell you to go make it with bodhibuilder because  you will have what to start from again in case of anything happening as for discrepancies the only thing I can think of is drivers and that is easly done or you can add them in to the first distro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users