• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 vvkozmenko

vvkozmenko

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:40 PM

Hi, guys,

I have used Bodhibuilder to create a distibutable copy of the Bodhi and installed applications.

The Bodhibuilder produced the "bodhibuilder" folder in the home directory with the following files:

1. dummysys

2. ISOTMP

3. bodhi-4.4.0-64.iso

4. bodhi-4.4.0-64.iso.md5

5. bodhi-4.4.0-64.iso.sha256

6. bodhi-4.4.0-64.iso.log

7.tmpusers

To create a bootalbe USB flash drive with live image and the installer to install the Bodhi from my laptop and all applicaitons, do I need to put all these files on the flash drive or just the ISO?

Thank you,

Val

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4677 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:45 PM

File # 3 is the iso as you would download for a distro and use to create a USB stick. 

File # 1 & 2 & 7 are used by the bodhibuilding proces and file # 6 is the log of the proces.

File # 4 & 5 contain the checksums you can use after a transfer or copy operation of the ISO, using md5sum or sha256sum.

Enjoy,

Charles

#3 vvkozmenko

vvkozmenko

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:58 PM

Thank you, Charles,

That helps a lot. Will use that ISO to install Bodhi on MintBox Mini.

Have a good day.

Val

#4 vvkozmenko

vvkozmenko

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:50 PM

Hi, everyone,

I am trying to make a bootable USB flash drive based on the BodhiBuilder created ISO.

I have formatted a flash drive to EXT4 format and am trying to copy the content of the "bodhibuilder" folder to the drive.

The system shows error with copying some files. 

Can someone give me some guidance how to create an installation USB from the ISO I created with Bodhibuilder?

Thank you,

Val

#5 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 10 January 2018 - 08:00 PM

I can only guess 

dd if=/path/to/iso of=/dev/sdx 

where sdx is the device name of your flash drive.

Mind you, it is just a guess.

#6 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4677 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 10 January 2018 - 08:00 PM

You still have that file #6, the log? Open it with epad or your favorite texteditor. Use the find option to search for Xorriso. Towards the end of the log after that word you see a description how you can create a bootable usb without issues. Take care and make sure your chosen outputfile is really your usb-stick, the inputfile is the .iso (#3). The dd command overwrites everything on the chosen sdX. I f you later want to re-use that stick for something else you need to reformat it first.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy,

Charles

#7 vvkozmenko

vvkozmenko

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:51 AM

I used Etcher before on Mac making live Linux usb to test a distro. I have never used it on Linux though.

Does anyone have an opinion about Etcher?

Thank you,

Val

#8 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:13 AM

I have used etcher on my system. It is/was very point and click. I don't recall lots of options.

#9 sef

sef

Bodhi Builder Wizard

• Developer
  • 341 posts
  • LocationATL

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:17 AM

I have never used Etcher, but others have had success using it. It actually kind of depends on your install target system. If you plan to install to a Legacy "BIOS" system, some of those GUI tools will work fine. However if you want to install to a UEFI system, it's probably best to use the 'dd' command as others have pointed out above. (By the way, the 'dd' command will produce a bootable USB that can boot in either Legacy or UEFI systems.)

Take a look at the instructions in the WIKI under the section --> D. Create A Bootable USB --> 2)  Command Line ‘dd’ Method.

http://www.bodhilinu...n-instructions/

If you still have issues or questions, post back and we'll try to give you a hand.

Forum Rules (link)

---------------------------------------------------

Nothing is as simple as it seems at first, or as hopeless as it seems in the middle,

or as finished as it seems in the end.

---------------------------------------------------

"That's not how the force works..."  -- Han Solo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users