8 replies to this topic

#1 Randy

Randy

Bodhi-Care

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne, IN USA

Posted 11 February 2018 - 10:33 PM

Does anyone know why engage will only show 2 of 4 desktops?

x5TEVCV.png

Randy Fry

Linux Addict!

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 BeGo

BeGo

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • LocationBogor, Indonesia

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:10 AM

https://i.imgur.com/10HoM6O.png

???

Mine working on all desktop. This sample of when I put it on 5th desktop. :mellow:

KDE-fied Bodhi 4.4.0

#3 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1771 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:30 AM

Randy, If I understand properly, you have defined 4 desktops by pager and you can see just 2 of them on the right side of the screen under engage container. Am I right? Maybe bug or need some playing in the setup. I will check it in the evening when I get home. 

#4 birdmun

birdmun

• Members
  • 468 posts
  • LocationWabash, IN

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:37 AM

Stupid human question. How do you have your virtual desktops defined? 4 in a horizontal row or a 2 x 2 grid?

#5 Randy

Randy

Bodhi-Care

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:17 AM

Stupid human question. How do you have your virtual desktops defined? 4 in a horizontal row or a 2 x 2 grid?

4 in Horizonal grid. I tried 2x2. They show at least. Just extremely small even when I turned up engage to 128px. Tried 1x4 vertical still only shows 2. Well at least there are 4.

z9iUdhf.png

Randy, If I understand properly, you have defined 4 desktops by pager and you can see just 2 of them on the right side of the screen under engage container. Am I right? Maybe bug or need some playing in the setup. I will check it in the evening when I get home. 

Thanks! Take your time no big rush.

Randy Fry

Linux Addict!

#6 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1771 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:51 PM

Hello back

Yes, it is an Engage module bug :( Actually almost all gadgets are at square shape but pager is not. It is a grid with X *Y size so it changes it size to rectangle thus engage cuts off it. Problem is in calculation of the size. I have looked at the code but it look complex. It needs some time. Looks like interesting chasing, so I can add it to my TO-DO list. Not my top priority though...

Stefan

EDIT: this is the only result I was able to do after some minutes. I just wanted to know what item is responsible for the box width.

CijfRfq.png

#7 Randy

Randy

Bodhi-Care

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:18 PM

Hello back

Yes, it is an Engage module bug :( Actually almost all gadgets are at square shape but pager is not. It is a grid with X *Y size so it changes it size to rectangle thus engage cuts off it. Problem is in calculation of the size. I have looked at the code but it look complex. It needs some time. Looks like interesting chasing, so I can add it to my TO-DO list. Not my top priority though...

Stefan

EDIT: this is the only result I was able to do after some minutes. I just wanted to know what item is responsible for the box width.

CijfRfq.png

Thanks for checking into it. Hopefully when your able to get around to it, it will be easier than you think. I'll just set up the pager in the gadget toggle for now. It will be plenty big enough there.

Randy Fry

Linux Addict!

#8 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1771 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:23 PM

Yea, there are tons of ways how to switch among desktops. My favourite is shortkey. As I said, not my top priority, and must confess I am tired little bit after some systray stuff I was working on last week. Working over night (yes I am an idiot :) ) is still worse and worse as my age is increasing...

#9 Randy

Randy

Bodhi-Care

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:20 PM

Well, thanks again for all you do! It is much appreciated!

Randy Fry

Linux Addict!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: engage, module, pager

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users