How long will Bodhi continue to support 32 bit machines?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bmobile40

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:48 AM

I've got my wife's old windows vista Toshiba laptop, and I'm running Bodhi 4.XX on it. It's a 32 bit machine, so yeah, the machine's got a good bit of age on it. I've been reading where Ubuntu 18.04, the next LTS version will no longer have 32bit ISO's to download. I know Bodhi is based on Ubuntu, so I was wondering if Bodhi was going to follow Ubuntu, and stop supporting 32 bit machines with the next version? I know 4.XX still has a number of years, and who knows, this Toshiba may die tomorrow, but so long as it's working, it would be nice to be able to keep a current version of Bodhi on it.

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12647 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:26 PM

You appear to be confusing Ubuntu dropping their x86 server images with dropping x86 support all together:

"This change is just affecting the ubuntu-server i386 release while there will continue to be the x86 32-bit mini ISO image, Debian Installer image, and the i386 package archive will continue to exist. So for those running Ubuntu Server x86_64 you can still install i386 packages if needed, but the official Ubuntu Server image on the x86 front will be just x86_64. "

Source: https://www.phoronix...er-18.04-32-bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users