Ebook cataloging software

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vvkozmenko

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:36 PM

Hi, guys,

I am looking for an ebook cataloging software that would allow to throw an ebook (EPUB) on it, and it would extract the meta-data from it and add to the catalogue.

So far, I have found several pieces of cataloguing software such as Data Crow but all the entries need to be entered manually.

Ideally, I want to be able to get a dozen of books and drag-and-drop it on the GUI and they are all (just meta-data, not the books themselves) in the database with the authors, titles, and covers entered appropriately. Just data 

Does anything like this exist?

Thank you,

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 The waiter

The waiter

Module Master

• Developer
  • 1828 posts
  • LocationBanska Bystrica, Slovakia

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:58 PM

Calibre is the best

#3 vvkozmenko

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:58 PM

@The Waiter

Thank you for the direction. I've searched the internet on how to create a catalog using Calibre. It turned to be rather simple - one can export the catalog as a SVC file.

Then SVC can be imported into a database file. I tried this method with FileMaker. Everything worked well except one thing. In the "Book cover" field, the database software saved the path to the image rather than the image itself.

If I find a way how to make the database acquire the image based on the path in the field, the problem will be solved.

Thank you,

#4 Deepspeed

Sir Creeps-a-lot

• Developer
  • 599 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:46 PM

Another vote for calibre for managing ebook collections here.  I use it for some things, but I mostly use fb-reader for lots of my simple epub-style reading, and evince for pdf files.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users