Bodhi Linux Forums: Welcome to Christopher Michael - Bodhi Linux Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Welcome to Christopher Michael A.K.A. devilhorns (dh)

#1 User is offline   Jeff 

• Project Advisor
  • Group: Developer
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:47 PM

I would like to welcome the newest addition to the Bodhi Team - Christopher Michael (A.K.A. devilhorns). He is an Enlightenment developer that is going to help us get some things coded for Bodhi (such as stream lining/improving the setup Wizard).

Cheers,
~Jeff

#2 User is offline   devilhorns 

• Enlightenment Developer
  • LocationShamong, NJ

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:52 PM

Thanks for the welcome :)

#3 User is offline   Agust 

• Enlightenment Theme Creator
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:31 PM

Wow!!! devilhorns :blink: welcome a board!!

Greetings:
Agust

#4 User is offline   fore17 

• Group: Banned

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:00 AM

Congratulation Jeff. It's remarkable your will to share administration with the right people to develop the best Enlightenment Distro.
Welcome Christopher and thanks for joining Bodhi.
Jeff Hoogland is stupid

#5 User is offline   chris-kun 

• Arch Build Head
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:37 AM

I AM THE ONLY CHRIS ALLOWED 'ROUND THESE HERE PARTS!

#6 User is offline   devilhorns 

• LocationShamong, NJ

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:05 AM

Thank you all for such a warm welcome :)

As some of you may (or may not) know, I used to work for gOS (a Ubuntu based distro that used the Enlightenment desktop for a short while), but the people who ran that distro were more interested in turning out a quick buck then they were about the quality of their distro (hence why they folded). I've also done work (contract work) with Canonical, and Samsung, and have been an Enlightenment developer (with full commit access) for about 10 years now (and a user for 16 years)....check the E17 About Box for credits ;)

I am excited to be working with Jeff & the crew to bring Enlightenment to the masses :) I am hoping to be able to use my millions of years of linux experience (lol, seriously tho, been using linux since around '95-96) to help with that goal....so look for some exciting new things to be hitting the Bodhi Linux distro in the near future (I won't supply any hints tho as that would just spoil the surprises).

As always, if people here have a problem with Enlightenment that they cannot figure out, please feel free to contact me (via email or via irc) and I will do my best to help sort out the issue. If it's an actual bug in Enlightenment, we'll get a fix in svn asap. If it's a distro issue, I'll do my best to help.

In closing, I just wanted to say Thank You all for the warm welcome and I look forward to the future.

#7 User is offline   fore17 

• Group: Banned

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:49 PM

View Postchris-kun, on 20 January 2011 - 03:37 AM, said:

I AM THE ONLY CHRIS ALLOWED 'ROUND THESE HERE PARTS!

Hi Chris. We allow it :) :) . You arrived first, its an acquired right :)

As we have now 2 "Chris" administrators, we may ask Christopher Michael what name he would prefer to be known, to avoid (if any) miss understanding.

Christopher, thanks for your attention on providing some info about yourself and your work.

Around the beta 3 Enlightenment's release time, I noticed from their site, the E call for cooperation from Linux distributions about testing, bug reporting and the like.

Good communication between Distro developers and E developers is among the most effective to achieve efficiency. What was far beyond my best wishes was the good fortune to have an hi profile E developer joining us, due to the fact that Bodhi is still such a very young startup. But in simultaneous that is also a big advantage because then we can start any new project from root and yet stand under the basis of the Bodhi orientation lines, witch is related to promoting the best E distro ever.

I can really foresee and hardly can wait the good fruits that your cooperation will bring to all E users in general and to Bodhi users in particular.

Again, a big thank you.
Jeff Hoogland is stupid

#8 User is offline   Eet 

• Group: Members

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:07 PM

In a word ... WOW!

#9 User is offline   Gregory 

• Developer
  • LocationCentral Valley of CA, USA

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:48 PM

Nice to see an expert such as yourself on the Bodhi Team devilhorns! Welcome! :)
Posted Image "Besides, I think SLACKWARE sounds better than 'Microsoft,' don't you?"- Patrick Volkerding

#10 User is offline   devilhorns 

• LocationShamong, NJ

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:30 PM

Thanks Gregory :) Going to help when/where I can ;)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users