#1 aeonius

aeonius

Lord of the Website

• Administrators
  • 2644 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:34 PM

The Video Section
The general idea behind this part of the forum is having a dedicated place for the discussion of videos and a place for people to post theirs.

Posting a video
Start a new thread if you have created a video and want to share it with the world. Please include in your post if its a how to or a desktop video.

Requesting a video

If you have an idea for a video (in HowTo style) that is really missing on the Wiki, you can also suggest this video in this part of the forum.

Discussing videos

General talk on any video Bodhi.

Rights

By placing a link to a video in this section of the forum you state that the video you link to is made by you and you give us the right to place the video you made on the Bodhi main site, the Bodhi Youtube page and/or on the Bodhi wiki.

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Bob E

Bob E

Video Artist

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • LocationDirectly above the center of the Earth

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:04 PM

WOW! I feel like I should be busting a bottle of champagne on... ...hmm, no hull... ...my monitor!

Anyway, good job aeonius! The new place looks great!
I posted GTK Record My Desktop how to video on the main video thread. Now you have NO excuses. We want to see YOUR desktop recording. ;)

The only other question about procedure on these threads; Would you prefer people just post a link?

Or would you prefer embedded?

#3 aeonius

aeonius

Lord of the Website

• Administrators
  • 2644 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:25 PM

Either way is fine by me, whichever you like. I am partial to seeing them embedded, but just posting the link if fine too.

Will add "Make my own video" to the ToDo list... don't hold your breath, its a long list...

#4 Bob E

Bob E

Video Artist

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • LocationDirectly above the center of the Earth

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:48 PM

Either way is fine by me, whichever you like.

Good to know. Being this is a public "post your video here" thread, it's for everyone's benefit to know. I like embedded videos. That way you stay on the forum instead of being relocated away from the page. So, for anyone wishing to post a video here, either way is fine.

#5 aeonius

aeonius

Lord of the Website

• Administrators
  • 2644 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:27 PM

Added a small part on rights to the first post here, might be a good idea.

#6 aeonius

aeonius

Lord of the Website

• Administrators
  • 2644 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

I edited the rights slightly. I included Youtube, as we are going to put all videos we show on our site on our own Youtube channel, as several users that posted a video have since deleted their Youtube account, which resulted in 404 errors on the bodhi site. It just looks stupid having 404 errors on our site.

If you have posted a video in this section of the forum before this post was made (24 december 2012) and you do not agree to have your video placed on our Youtube account, please delete the thread/post you have made with your video and, if we already have your video on our channel, send an email to joris [at] bodhilinux [dot] com, or PM me and I'll remove it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users