[WIP] Theme Elegant Brit
Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:14 AM
I've gone for the soft option and am trying to edit Elegant-Bodhi to work with the GTK Theme ElegantBrit
I need to alter all the orange to the Brit theme orange, Change everything that's not a window border to the Brit style and do buttons, and I'd like an awesome background for it please.
Also move the min/max/close buttons to the left and the title to align to the far right.
All comments are welcome, I'll bung it up for download so you can spot all the bugs at some point.
Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:50 PM
Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:07 AM
Things I know I'm going to change so if you could avoid bringing them up...
1) The scrollbars
2) grey spaces and idiotically coloured text in the Module Settings Dialogue and a couple of others.
3) The clock at smaller sizes
4) Some buttons don't hover
5) the Engage theme for bars that are not at the bottom
Things I'm especially proud of
1) The clock, look at that smexxy clock, not too small though or you'll break it
2) The hover on buttons. Some buttons don't hover, they are stupid buttons
3) the ugly, ugly animation on the Start Button. It's a first stab at proper edje code. I wanted it to rotate from the old pixmap to the new but then I saw the code for the clock hands. Blimey! I don't use the start button and neither should you. Click on the desktop.
4) The Engage theme
Things that will happen whether you like them or not.
1) The close,min,max button will move to the left side of the title bar, the title to the far right or maybe middle, the window icon will likely disappear. I'll try and do this last and the window border code is in a separate file so I should be able to maintain both for a short while.
2) I will get suddenly bored and ditch it like an old rice pudding, I'm a notoriously bad finisher. On the other hand it's been fun and I want to get more into edje and animate EVERYTHING! A Steampunk theme with little brass cogs moving all over the place and flaps that flop over like the old rail destination boards would be nice.
If you try it, let me know how you get on. Especially if something breaks. If you don't like the colours, I like the colours.