Photo

Acer Iconia A500 Tab (Partially Working)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 apapousek

apapousek

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:08 AM

Hello All,

I probably won't be posting back to the Bodhi Linux forums, but this post on XDA shows how to install Bodhi on the Acer Iconia A500 Tab.

UPDATE: 5 Dec 2012

I decided to play around with it a bit more. This should be fun...

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12522 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:33 AM

Slick - stuck in the other devices section.

~Jeff

#3 apapousek

apapousek

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:06 AM

When I said I probably wasn't going to update here, I lied. I'm busy working away on an Alpha 2, with improved WiFi, and the host name changed, along with a few scripts to get some things set up easier.

#4 corazon

corazon

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:52 AM

When I said I probably wasn't going to update here, I lied. I'm busy working away on an Alpha 2, with improved WiFi, and the host name changed, along with a few scripts to get some things set up easier.

As tablet prices fall, and features increase, desire for a small fast linux will be high. Thanks for your efforts.
Some people sell their laptops once the verify an ipad device will offer what they need, so a less expensive competitor
to ipad, with debian app selection would be a great option. Keep your grades up, the peanut gallery is always going to be
out here drooling and begging!

#5 guimendes

guimendes

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

I downloaded the latest rootfs from 2013-01-24 and installed this kernel: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1158260 and I can boot on system, but i'm having troubles with wifi, please can someone help me? I copied the wifi files as suggested here: http://forum.xda-dev...664&postcount=1, but I couldn't install the packages from the same link, because I couldn't chroot into image on my sd card.

#6 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12522 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:59 AM

My best guess would be you need to load the file system in a QEMU or chroot into it from a native ARM device to install that kind of stuff.

I use my Chromebook for this type of thing. Makes working on ARM devices much easier have a full "system" that is ARM.

~Jeff

#7 guimendes

guimendes

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

My best guess would be you need to load the file system in a QEMU or chroot into it from a native ARM device to install that kind of stuff.

I use my Chromebook for this type of thing. Makes working on ARM devices much easier have a full "system" that is ARM.

~Jeff

Ok, Android is capable of chrooting. I'll give a try tonight for installing the broadcom drivers properly. I realized that there's a guide for installing those drivers already. If I had success I'll post here more details on how to get it working.
Thanks for quick reply!

#8 guimendes

guimendes

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

I've got it! Please look into here for some tutorial!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users