Bodhi Linux Forums: dell integrated graphics card not working - Bodhi Linux Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

dell integrated graphics card not working

#1 User is offline   confezzor 

• Group: Members

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:56 AM

Hi bodhi team. I've been loving what you have done with this distro since last year, thanks for all your hard work. I've searched the fourms for this issue and couldn't find it. I'm super sorry If I by passed it and it's posted up somewhere else. I was using bodhi on a laptop that has now died on me a few months ago (nothing to do with bodhi) it had a Nvidia graphics card. Which everything worked out of the box on bodhi 1.2.1... Now my issue is I now have a Dell Inspiron 15R N5110, core i3 processor with dell integrated graphics. My graphics card isn't working out of the box and i'm not sure how to get it to work. On any other ubuntu bade distro it works out of the box, I"m not sure what i'm doing wrong. I would love to use bodhi as my main distro. If anyone can help i would be thankful.

#2 User is offline   fassil 

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:56 AM

Hi,

Perhaps, first, "nvidia graphic" in the little box on top right to find some issues on this particular subject ;)

A +

Edit: I read again your post, forget my response, sorry, but what's happen exactly ?
The truth is spread out. J.Derrida

Mini-311c XPsp3/Bhodi-2.0.1/Bhodi-1.4.0

#3 User is offline   Jeff 

• Project Advisor
  • Group: Developer
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:40 PM

Can you define "not working"?

Does it not detect the screen resolution correctly? Do it not do 3d? What is Bodhi missing that other distros are not with this card?

Help us, help you,
~Jeff

#4 User is offline   Tara 

• Moderately Bemused
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:00 PM

View Postconfezzor, on 27 January 2012 - 02:56 AM, said:

Hi bodhi team. I've been loving what you have done with this distro since last year, thanks for all your hard work. I've searched the fourms for this issue and couldn't find it. I'm super sorry If I by passed it and it's posted up somewhere else. I was using bodhi on a laptop that has now died on me a few months ago (nothing to do with bodhi) it had a Nvidia graphics card. Which everything worked out of the box on bodhi 1.2.1... Now my issue is I now have a Dell Inspiron 15R N5110, core i3 processor with dell integrated graphics. My graphics card isn't working out of the box and i'm not sure how to get it to work. On any other ubuntu bade distro it works out of the box, I"m not sure what i'm doing wrong. I would love to use bodhi as my main distro. If anyone can help i would be thankful.

Dell's not in the business of making graphics cards, integrated or otherwise. My guess is, given that it's an i3, that you actually have Intel integrated graphics in the system. These shouldn't need a driver at all....

When you say it's "not working", what isn't working? Do you get any error messages, what happens when you try to load up the graphics?

#5 User is offline   confezzor 

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:58 AM

what i mean by not working is when I try to install lets say a 3d game, it won't work..installing crossover games don't work..I don't get any errors off the bat when I do an install of the system..it's just my graphics are not working for games..is it a compositing issue?...I'm not getting any monitor issues, i can see everything..besides the system keeps thinking that my laptop isn't plugged in..

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users