22 replies to this topic

#1 aeonius

aeonius

Lord of the Website

• Administrators
  • 2644 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:31 PM

What would you like to see added to the art wiki? Any icon themes you use, but got from another source, wallpapers that fit a theme like a glove, Enlightenment themes not in our repo (if they exist)...

Please let us know here so we can get those added.

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Duma

Duma

Artist

• Members
  • 2392 posts
  • LocationRivalta (TO) - Italia

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:53 PM

Enlightenment themes not in our repo (if they exist)...

23_0z E17 theme! We have the GTK one, why don't add the E17?
original sources recompiled by me: http://e17-stuff.org...?content=147503
Or Zerg, Elive theme, MoonOS theme... and there are many themes to recompile that aren't in E17 repo! :)
Se sei italiano e interessato a Linux, clicca qui!

#3 Guest_lostbumpkin_*

Guest_lostbumpkin_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:03 PM

Isn't it preferred that E themes have some sort of Bodhi branding on them before being added?

#4 Guest_lostbumpkin_*

Guest_lostbumpkin_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:11 PM

These two icon themes have been asked about on here a few times and should be added (if they haven't already been)......

uniwhite-icons 0.2

malys - uniblue 1.01

imho of course :D

#5 aeonius

aeonius

Lord of the Website

• Administrators
  • 2644 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:28 PM

Lost, you have access to do so, if the themes/icons/etc are under the right license feel free to add.

As for themes, yes I think it would be nice if the "About" thingy was styled with the Bodhi logo and such (I don't know how much is theme based here), but I suppose we could always make a todo list and list the themes that have to be "logofied™", so that it's at least already available for everyone.

#6 Duma

Duma

Artist

• Members
  • 2392 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

Branding a theme could be a "bottle-neck" for the adding of a E themes, so IMHO we could release it avaible with original sources and themers like me, Lost, Agust, Micah or whoever wants could try to add brands or improve the themes.

#7 Dick

Dick

• Members
  • 448 posts
  • LocationNetherlands, Velsen

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

Is it an idea to add the Desktop of the year 2011 winning desktop there? With a description how to make it your own. A little "How to make your own desktop of the year" manual. Get the wallpaper, install E-theme, GTK-theme, icons, shelves, conky etc.
Dick
----------------------------------------
Acer One ZG5 (A110, 60GB HDD) - Born Jan 2009, deceased May 2011, Resurrected June 2012 as Acer Phoenix (story)
Asus Eee 1001PX - Intel Atom N450, 1GB RAM, 250GB HDD, running Bodhi since May 2011

#8 Duma

Duma

Artist

• Members
  • 2392 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

Is it an idea to add the Desktop of the year 2011 winning desktop there? With a description how to make it your own. A little "How to make your own desktop of the year" manual. Get the wallpaper, install E-theme, GTK-theme, icons, shelves, conky etc.

Also for DotW!!

#9 aeonius

aeonius

Lord of the Website

• Administrators
  • 2644 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

I don't see why not, except that its up to the people that made the DotW/Y, so you're expecting a lot from them... I doubt they all feel like/have the time to write such a thing for every post they make.

#10 Dick

Dick

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

I don't see why not, except that its up to the people that made the DotW/Y, so you're expecting a lot from them... I doubt they all feel like/have the time to write such a thing for every post they make.

I agree. But maybe for just one very special Desktop we can make an exception?? And ask very nice of course @Charles? Please?
Dick
Acer One ZG5 (A110, 60GB HDD) - Born Jan 2009, deceased May 2011, Resurrected June 2012 as Acer Phoenix (story)
Asus Eee 1001PX - Intel Atom N450, 1GB RAM, 250GB HDD, running Bodhi since May 2011

#11 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4437 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:40 PM

Long time since, but I'll see if I can refresh my memories and come up with something.

Charles.

Medion S4216 Ultrabook, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, WIN 10 & Bodhi 4.1.0-64 

Asus eeepc 901, 1GB RAM, 12 GB SSD, Bodhi 3.0.0-32-Legacy & Bodhi 4.1.0-32 Legacy

#12 Dick

Dick

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:52 PM

Long time since, but I'll see if I can refresh my memories and come up with something.

Charles.

Great! You truly have a "Bodhi" heart! :D
It will make me happy and probably a lot of other Bodhi users too.

+1
Dick

#13 Charles@Bodhi

Charles@Bodhi

Old Faithful

• Moderators
  • 4437 posts
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:12 PM

Thanks for the +one.

Well, I dived in the past and came up with something. I wrote it down in this textfile and hope you mods can wikify it.

Let me know if it's to long. I inserted a place for a link, the url is in the bottom part of the file.

Enjoy,
Charles

Attached Files

Medion S4216 Ultrabook, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, WIN 10 & Bodhi 4.1.0-64 

Asus eeepc 901, 1GB RAM, 12 GB SSD, Bodhi 3.0.0-32-Legacy & Bodhi 4.1.0-32 Legacy

#14 aeonius

aeonius

Lord of the Website

• Administrators
  • 2644 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:28 PM

Since no one offered, I'll create that wiki page in the morning and figure our a place for it. As for the possible and already made requests. Is anyone interested in taking this on? I am kinda swamped with webdev stuff and I'd like to appoint someone to handle this kind of thing.

So, if you're interested in maintaining the Art wiki and adding stuff there, reply and I'll make sure you've got access to do so... I think this might also involve creating debs for the packages server. I'll discuss this with our packagers and see whats what on that front. I'll let you all know when I know.

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help out.

#15 Dick

Dick

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

I feel a bit guilty that I didn't offer mey help since I brought this up. It is not so much much a question if I want to do this (YES) but more a question of have I the time to do this (NO). But I'm always willing to offer my help. But don't expect too much hours because I simply don't have them (and I'm using all of my timing skills). But maybe I can help on work that doesn't have any time restrictions?
Dick

#16 Duma

Duma

Artist

• Members
  • 2392 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

I feel a bit guilty that I didn't offer mey help since I brought this up. It is not so much much a question if I want to do this (YES) but more a question of have I the time to do this (NO). But I'm always willing to offer my help. But don't expect too much hours because I simply don't have them (and I'm using all of my timing skills). But maybe I can help on work that doesn't have any time restrictions?

welcome a board to the few timed boat! :D

#17 aeonius

aeonius

Lord of the Website

• Administrators
  • 2644 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

I know what its like... I didn't have the time yet to make that wiki page... But I am looking for someone to add the new wiki content when requests come and deb those items. I think this is a very time consuming process as the items will have to be collected, debed, mailed over to someone who can upload to the server, wiki page made, link to deb inserted into the wiki page... etc. Like I said - time consuming.

If you wanna help out, Dick, feel free to create that wiki page on how Charles made the winning desktop... I'm not sure whether it should be on the wiki or the Art wiki, but I am leaning towards Art. The creating of this page is on my todo list, but I don't mind if you or anyone else created it. :)

#18 Vaidas

Vaidas

Gravity Sucks

• Moderators
  • 1518 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

I know what its like... I didn't have the time yet to make that wiki page... But I am looking for someone to add the new wiki content when requests come and deb those items. I think this is a very time consuming process as the items will have to be collected, debed, mailed over to someone who can upload to the server, wiki page made, link to deb inserted into the wiki page... etc. Like I said - time consuming.

If you wanna help out, Dick, feel free to create that wiki page on how Charles made the winning desktop... I'm not sure whether it should be on the wiki or the Art wiki, but I am leaning towards Art. The creating of this page is on my todo list, but I don't mind if you or anyone else created it. :)

I could try this. Finding .deb and making wiki with screenshots should not by hard.
Already saw some pretty good icon themes.
For rest, and by that I mean .deb making I will need some instructions.

Also there could by created temporal section in artwiki, which would have external links, then the one to which it must by mailed could see it, and then he would upload them to our storage, then packager would not by disturbed on demand, but he could check him self at some times. Of course he still should inform that he uploaded files and where.

#19 aeonius

aeonius

Lord of the Website

• Administrators
  • 2644 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:51 PM

We're not putting links to outside sites on the wiki.

Requests for content can be made on the forum, in this thread. If you're willing to take this on, you can keep updated here. We could add a link to this thread on the art wiki as well.

As for instructions on packaging, I'll make sure you'll get those.

#20 aeonius

aeonius

Lord of the Website

• Administrators
  • 2644 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

LostBumpkin stepped up and became the packager of the Art wiki. Welcome on board, Lost!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users