• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Service Pack 4 Bod For offline upgrades to Bodhi 1.4

#1 User is offline   ylee 

• King of the Software Page
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationWest Virginia, USA

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:43 PM

This is just an announcement that the Bodhi Team has created a Service Pack 4 bod for those that need to update Bodhi 1.3 to Bodhi 1.4. The bod is intended to be used for offline upgrades only so if you can upgrade online please do so.

The bod can be downloaded from our Appcenter. If anyone has a problem using this bod please contact me or post here. Also note that after installation a reboot is recommended and that you will lose any custom profiles.
Eight Linux Tech Tips for Beginners The Bodhi Guide to Enlightenment

"No technology can ever be too arcane or complicated for the black t-shirt crowd."

#2 User is offline   Bad2theBone 

• Group: Members

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

View Postylee, on 23 March 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

This is just an announcement that the Bodhi Team has created a Service Pack 4 bod for those that need to update Bodhi 1.3 to Bodhi 1.4. The bod is intended to be used for offline upgrades only so if you can upgrade online please do so.

The bod can be downloaded from our Appcenter. If anyone has a problem using this bod please contact me or post here. Also note that after installation a reboot is recommended and that you will lose any custom profiles.

When I use the appcenter link the only service pack listed is 1.3.1 Is there something that I'm missing?

Never mind found it, OOOPPS!

#3 User is offline   ylee 

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostBad2theBone, on 24 March 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

When I use the appcenter link the only service pack listed is 1.3.1 Is there something that I'm missing?

No that is the right service pack. It is a service pack for Bodhi1.3 hence the name on the appcenter. It is the fourth service pack bod i have created hence the bod name.

Maybe i need to rename the appcenter pages. Hmmm, I will think about it.

"No technology can ever be too arcane or complicated for the black t-shirt crowd."

#4 User is offline   ylee 

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

This is a notice that users wishing to use this service pack bod may wish to delay that for a few days. We have an issue with xdg-open in Bodhi1.4 not working correctly with Midori 0.4.4 and as soon as the issue is fixed I will rebuild the bod.

If this issue doesn't bother you go ahead and use the bod. I will post here as soon as the issue is fixed and a new bod is built.

Thanks for have patience :)

#5 User is offline   cc_INC 

• Group: Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:05 PM

Worked like a charm!! Thanks for the help and support!! :)

#6 User is offline   ylee 

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:04 PM

View Postcc_INC, on 30 March 2012 - 05:05 PM, said:

Worked like a charm!! Thanks for the help and support!! :)

I promised to post back here when we had an update which fixed the xdg-open issue. I had hoped it would be sooner but anyway yesterdays midori updated fixes the issue. I redid the bod file for those interested and it contains newer enlightenment packages as well as one new package (libtiff4) updated since the last time i made the servicepack bod.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users