• Please log in to reply
381 replies to this topic

#41 caerolle

caerolle

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • LocationIndiana, US

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

Thanks, Mark! I agree on both counts. I have to admit I like lxterminal and PCManFM much better than Terminology and EFM, at least in their current versions. However, Terminology and EFM *are* the defaults, and I am hoping they get better over time. I will cover both in the revisions.

Too much fun! :)

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#42 AntCer

AntCer

Has the Python Fu

• Members
  • 1174 posts
  • Location92324

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

Dropbox is going to be down for 20-60 min.... Just in case you tried viewing the updated pages!

CSS and new quickstart are up; CSS needs more revisions. All quickstart markups are being thoroughly cleaned while dropbox is down.
Bodhi QuickStart Index Page -- Updates are automatically viewable via link. Take a couple seconds to view. ;)

#43 AntCer

AntCer

Has the Python Fu

• Members
  • 1174 posts
  • Location92324

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

Dropbox is back online and ALL quickstart markups have been cleaned(missing object tags, alt attributes, etcetera). Baby stuff. But now the code looks Beautiful. :D

CSS revisions still in works.

Faenza images put in extra.html quickstart page. Looks nice.

@aeonius There seems to be an issue with the encoding. All pages on my end are encoded in UTF-8 and read so in meta tag. But it says the html header is telling it to use ascii(old and dilapidated.) Any reason for this??

Please view updated quickstart pages and comment.!!! Especially on the the stylesheet! AGAIN, I know the border is funky atm. Will get to that right now!
Bodhi QuickStart Index Page -- Updates are automatically viewable via link. Take a couple seconds to view. ;)

#44 AntCer

AntCer

Has the Python Fu

• Members
  • 1174 posts
  • Location92324

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

Requesting permission to delete extras.html page. Useless, with no pages linking to it.! It's an island....

#45 ottermaton

ottermaton

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • Locationlancaster, pa

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:55 PM

Requesting permission to delete extras.html page. Useless, with no pages linking to it.! It's an island....

Yep. That page morphed into Common Software and I guess I never took it out of the package.

CSS revisions still in works.

I sure as hell hope so! ;) That green background is GROSS!

cheers
mark

#46 AntCer

AntCer

Has the Python Fu

• Members
  • 1174 posts
  • Location92324

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:58 PM

:lol: Have to stick to the orange and green hex codes you have here to keep it Bodhi, so I'm just messing with wherreeee to assign em to and how. So thats one no for green bg. Maybe two left borders... One green, the other the orange gradient. Green outside border or orange?

Updating common software requests. Looking nice. ;)

#47 ottermaton

ottermaton

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • Locationlancaster, pa

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

:lol: Have to stick to the orange and green hex codes you have here to keep it Bodhi, so I'm just messing with wherreeee to assign em to and how. So thats one no for green bg. Maybe two left borders... One green, the other the orange gradient. Green outside border or orange?

I'm not seeing any kind of borders at all. Maybe you don't have your CSS that you're looking at uploaded to Dropbox?

Updating common software requests. Looking nice. ;)

Either you have terrible taste or we're not looking at the same thing. screenshot

cheers
mark

#48 AntCer

AntCer

Has the Python Fu

• Members
  • 1174 posts
  • Location92324

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:11 PM

New stylesheet up for quickstart. Damn orange border is fighting me.

@ottermaton This any better? :lol: I need a bg color. Too much white. Not in good taste. Kinda hard finding a goodlooking, MATCHING design.

?!?!!? Haven't tested on mozilla. This is strictly firefox.... -_- THAT IS ATROCIOUS!!!!!

Edited by AntCer, 30 October 2012 - 11:16 PM.

#49 AntCer

AntCer

Has the Python Fu

• Members
  • 1174 posts
  • Location92324

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:18 PM

THIS is what I see: Posted Image

Dam browsers.... Reading things differently.... Will fix asap.

The orange border issue persists...

#50 AntCer

AntCer

Has the Python Fu

• Members
  • 1174 posts
  • Location92324

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:21 PM

P.S. NO WAY anyone's tastes are THAT bad..... :P

P.S.S. DAMN YOUR SCREENSHOT IS UGLY! My bad for not checking browser compatibility... :lol:

#51 AntCer

AntCer

Has the Python Fu

• Members
  • 1174 posts
  • Location92324

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:25 PM

Found bug, fixing right now. Older mozilla's require special moz prefix....
Installing firefox to run checks..

MAN, firefox butchered my work...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-All browsers now supported.;) Still need to fix orange border. Working on Opera.

-Will add "Automatically Scroll Contents" fix of itask/taskbar when doing multiple tasks in desktop.

Edited by AntCer, 31 October 2012 - 12:37 AM.

#52 caerolle

caerolle

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • LocationIndiana, US

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:03 AM

From the Intro to the e17 Guide:

"There are other Linux distributions that use Enlightenment as their Window Manager"

Is this still true? I know of several that have e17 in their repos, but I don't know of any that currently offer an image with e17 as the WM/DE. Even PCLinuxOS doesn't seem to have an e17 version anymore. Should emphasize that Bodhi is the ONLY disto dedicated to Enlightenment?

Also, I don't see the need for the numbers in the section links at the beginning of the Menu page (Introduction, Where Did it Go, and so forth)?

Thoughts?

#53 AntCer

AntCer

Has the Python Fu

• Members
  • 1174 posts
  • Location92324

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:15 AM

It is not the onlt e17 centric distro. Here:

Distributions
Some Linux distributions are Enlightenment-centric. Here is a list:

Bodhi
Elive
HUMANity
Macpup
MoonOS
OpenGEU
Pentoo
PCLinuxOS
Sabayon
Unite17
Yellow Dog

#54 AntCer

AntCer

Has the Python Fu

• Members
  • 1174 posts
  • Location92324

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:40 AM

ORANGE BORDER FIXED! Quickstart fully updated and CSS compatible with most common browsers: Mozilla, Chromium, IE, Midori, Opera and XXXterm... B) Please try on other browsers. Thanks! :D

Requested Software page updated with Faenza Icons. NICE. ;)
Also, replaced network-disconnect icon, from 128x128 to 64x64. Way better, imo.

By tomorrow night, will update Bodhi Guide Pages/CSS.

@ottermaton NOW, tell me what you think of the stylesheet. Any changes to the color/scheme you recommend?? And PLEASEEE do not tell me another horrific Firefox incident occurs.... :o :lol:

Spoiler

#55 caerolle

caerolle

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • LocationIndiana, US

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:41 AM

AnCer,

I have started making edits to the e17 Guide. I am working offline as that is easier for me, will upload the files as I get through them. This is just my first pass, will go back and revise them again as people review them and as I think of other changes that need to be made.

Mark,

Can we finish and upload individual files, or do we have to wait until the whole Guide is complete, and do it as a unit? I am thinking that some sections are more critical than others. For example, the Menu section is off in several ways, and that may be one of the first sections people go to.

One other question, what have you been using to make the screenshots? Shot, then editing with GIMP? Or something else? We need quite a few new graphics-screenshots due to changes, and module pics. Thanks!

caerolle :)

#56 AntCer

AntCer

Has the Python Fu

• Members
  • 1174 posts
  • Location92324

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:56 PM

@Caerolle

Love it! May I ask you don't mess with the CSS? I'll edit it offline and post it up once the first revisions are up. :) SImply, drag and drop the folder e17GuideEN folder into the Public>bodhi>e17guide and the complete e17GuideEN folder will be updated. If no revisions have been made, the pages will not be update. Gotta love dropbox's web browser integration and sophistication. ;) I'll handle pics and reshots for the Guide; We do not want contrasting themes in the pictures(I've reshot and uploaded a few already for the guide(menu.html). Had to stop to properly edit the markup and css and image links in the quickstart). Combo of snapshot module and shutter, basic pinta editing. Nothing major. As you can see on my quickstart files, the pics and shots look nice. No need to complicate things any further with GIMP... :lol:

Also, no need to worry, as I have copies and backups on my comp. The Guide is your baby; I'll make my contributions to the markup and CSS AFTER you've done your first couple rounds of revisions to the e17guideEN folder.

#57 caerolle

caerolle

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • LocationIndiana, US

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

AntCer,

I have no plans to edit the CSS, as I don't really even understand it! Right now I am making edits in an offline folder that has the current CSS and opening the files in Midori to see how they look. KompoZer is nice in some ways, but doesn't completely look right. I am making edits in geany, with your file, my file, and a changelog file all open at once, that is working well for me.

I am getting a little confused, though, over what you mean when you refer to making changes in the 'Guide'? I have been thinking you meant the Quickstart Guide, but maybe you mean the e17 Guide? I do need to look into what you have done on the e17 Guide, to avoid duplicating efforts, and even worse, having work you've done fall through the cracks! I know you made a couple of edits to the menu file (which I am incorporating into my edit), but I don't know what else. Also, I didn't realize you had made new graphics, I'll have to take a look at the Images folder in Dropbox. I am guessing they would be of adding Terminology to Favorites, and maybe a picture of the way Main Menu currently looks? (As Charles, pointed out in comments he sent me, we now have Navigate as default instead of Places, for instance.)

Carol :)

#58 AntCer

AntCer

Has the Python Fu

• Members
  • 1174 posts
  • Location92324

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

@Caerolle

:lol: Charles is wise. Yes, it was actually the first document I edited since I thought I could do it. Only got to the bit about creating desktop launchers, though, since I could not think of two default apps with no desktop files...(Charles to the rescue again!) Yep, those pics. And I had revised Places to Navigation a while ago. You can view the guide through my link in the sig. It is the index. Only Intro and Menu have any mods by me. Intro has very slight mods.

The Bodhi Guide is the e17guide aka Guide to enlightenment. Just what I call it... :rolleyes: The other, I just call quickstart. ;)

I've gone to using just leafpad and midori, chromium, firefox, opera, and xxxterm to check css compatibility. Keepin' it minimal. B)

#59 caerolle

caerolle

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • LocationIndiana, US

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

Thanks, AntCer!

I like geany b/c it highlights the HTML markups, and has some nice features (including tabbed windows) that Leafpad doesn't, but is still (I think?) much lighter than gedit.

#60 caerolle

caerolle

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • LocationIndiana, US

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

Distributions
Some Linux distributions are Enlightenment-centric. Here is a list:

Bodhi
Elive
HUMANity
Macpup
MoonOS
OpenGEU
Pentoo
PCLinuxOS
Sabayon
Unite17
Yellow Dog

Most of the smaller of these appear to be dead or abandoned, and most of those still alive have moved on from Enlightement. Pentoo just released a new version after many years, but according to the comments, is now Xfce rather than Enlightenment. Elive's forum seems to have turned into a repo for spam. I tried Sabayon a few weeks ago, but they no longer have an iso for the spins, you have to install the core and then add the WM/DE. I have done this many times with Arch and Debian, but for the life of me could not find the info I needed for Sabayon (their site seems to go in circles). Could just be me, but at any rate they don't seem to have a ready-to-use spin. This is what PCLinuxOS seems to have done, also. Macpup and Humanity seem to be the only distros that are still supported to some degree and have Enlightenment as their default environment.

The main reason I bring this up in this context is that Macpup has a e17 guide, too. Here is the link, if anyone is interested:

http://macpup.org/fo...topic,11.0.html

caerolle :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users