• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BigRob

BigRob

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:22 AM

Hi
I am new to Bohdi and also new to this forum, Please forgive me in advance as i am sure i am doing something wrong here. i would like to see suport for Draftsight, it is a free cad software available through Solidworks website, it is basically an autocad clone, it works with all the autocad commands and is really quite nice, They have a Linux version avaialble, which i was able to get working in Ubuntu and fedora, but for the life of me not in Bohdi. any help would be appreciated. I belive it would add real value to this distributon for it to be avaialble. thanks for your time
Rob

ps here is the link

http://www.3ds.com/p...t/#xtor=AD-508-[edrawingsbanner]-[right]-[0]-[www.edrawingsviewer.com]

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12503 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:47 AM

Moved to request support.

What is the issue with installing the software on Bodhi? It is provided as a .deb package - download and install that.

Help us, help you,
~Jeff

#3 ottermaton

ottermaton

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • Locationlancaster, pa

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:04 AM

Just for kicks I tried to install this app. I wish I would have had to foresight to copy/paste the commands and outputs before I closed the terminal I ran it in. :/

sudo dpkg -i draftSight.deb
comlains about a pre-dependency for libdirectfb-extra. Oddly, running
sudo apt-get -f install

does not fix it. Oh well, just run
sudo apt-get install libdirectfb-extra
then
sudo dpkg -i draftSight.deb
again and you're good to go.
Posted Image

cheers
mark

#4 Stabak

Stabak

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:04 AM

I've been using draftisght and it works great (not a cad guru). The only problem is with bodhi 64, some library complains can;t remember which, managed to overide the problem by repackaging the deb file leaving out the prerequisite version need
It's like screaming at a wall, someday it's gonna fall

#5 mikeN242

mikeN242

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • LocationWiltshire UK

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

As I like using cad I followed the link downloaded it and as Ottermaton found it needed the libdirectfb-extra so installed it the same way as Ottermaton says works no problem..

Cheers Mike

#6 FanParts

FanParts

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

Hello,

if you use Draftsight, I think this new parts library may interest you: http://www.tracepart...t/ws/draftsight
It's free and you have an access to millions of 2D drawings compatible with Draftsight!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users