8 replies to this topic

#1 aeonius

aeonius

Lord of the Website

• Administrators
  • 2644 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

In order to use the Testing Repo, you will need to enable it. To do so run the following command in terminal:

sudo leafpad /etc/apt/sources.list

Enter your password and Leafpad will pop up the Sources List.

At the end of this file find the line that reads "deb http://packages.bodhilinux.com/bodhi precise stable"

In order to enable the Testing Repo, you only have to add a space and the word "testing" to that line, it should look like this:

deb http://packages.bodhilinux.com/bodhi precise stable testing

Save the file and in terminal run:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

You are now using the Testing Repo. Enjoy!

(Same info on the wiki now)

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 jazz

jazz

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

Damm aeonius, putting the worlds "stable" and "testing" together on the same line, no less.

I bet that's the last thing the Mayans did, when they said their calendar was promoted to "stable testing."

Heed my warning!! /me searches for tinfoil hat with matching chastity belt
Check out e17 screenies and art at my page, or mark your problem as SOLVED, or seek help on IRC.

#3 brig

brig

Troll

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationNiagara Falls, NY

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

Oh what FUN !!!! Thank You for the instructions Aeonius, good to know they are on the wiki too. :D
eternal noob

#4 caerolle

caerolle

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • LocationIndiana, US

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:57 AM

Damm aeonius, putting the worlds "stable" and "testing" together on the same line, no less.

I bet that's the last thing the Mayans did, when they said their calendar was promoted to "stable testing."

Heed my warning!! /me searches for tinfoil hat with matching chastity belt

I knew a guy once who named his dog Stay. Then he tried to train him. When he got to 'come', things took a turn to tragedy. He kept yelling, "COME, Stay" at that poor dog. It finally had a nervous breakdown and wound up in doggie therapy.

Same idiot tried to house-train Stay with this method he read about where you start by covering the entire floor with paper. That way, the puppy gets used to going on paper. Then, every day you put down a little less paper, until you get down to the size you want to use all the time. It went pretty well for a few days, he was putting down a smaller and smaller section of paper every day, and Stay was still going on the paper! Then, one day he overslept, and in his haste to get off to work, forgot to put any paper down at all. When he got home that night, poor little Stay had thrown his back out trying to go on a stamp that had fallen on the floor. This time it was off to the doggie chiropractor, and after that some of us 'rescued' Stay and found him a better home.

caerolle :)

#5 linuxpcplus

linuxpcplus

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationIowa, USA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

I just enabled the testing repo, then ran updates/upgrade in the way described in this thread. But NOTHING was upgraded. I also tried doing it with Synaptic, but that did not work either. I followed the instructions to the letter. So why no updates? Is there a way I can confirm the Testing repo is active?
Wolf Bishop
founder Linux PC+

#6 Duma

Duma

Artist

• Members
  • 2392 posts
  • LocationRivalta (TO) - Italia

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

At the moment there is no testing branch of E17 packages until E17 is released at stable version.
When will be a new E17 snapshot, Jeff will consider to re-build all the E17 packages and put in the test repo before and, if nobody find issues, in the main one. ;)
Se sei italiano e interessato a Linux, clicca qui!

#7 linuxpcplus

linuxpcplus

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationIowa, USA

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

At the moment there is no testing branch of E17 packages until E17 is released at stable version.
When will be a new E17 snapshot, Jeff will consider to re-build all the E17 packages and put in the test repo before and, if nobody find issues, in the main one. ;)

I was under the impression that E17 was released as stable recently? Was I wrong? Not that it matters. I love it & seems more stable to me than Ubuntu itself. Ya know, I was always getting Apport problem reports in Ubuntu. Havent gotten a single error (that I did not knowingly cause) in Bodhi yet! Granted, I have only been using it for a week tomoorow, but still.
Wolf Bishop
founder Linux PC+

#8 AntCer

AntCer

Has the Python Fu

• Members
  • 1174 posts
  • Location92324

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

What Duma means, is that the E team does not just throw out updates to the public anymore. They now throw out e17 snapshots, now that it has gone stable. Basically a stable update. I mean, how could e17 call it stable if each update were to bork the system? ;) :lol: We can, of course, download updates through svn, but.... liable to cause some bugs and instability issues.
Bodhi QuickStart Index Page -- Updates are automatically viewable via link. Take a couple seconds to view. ;)

#9 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12402 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

No software is ever really done. In fact as soon as the E17 "stable" snapshot was released there where a flood of additions into the E17 SVN. At this point thought Bodhi is going to be sticking to release snapshots instead of trying to find stable SVN revisions (which has been messy and difficult in the past).

~Jeff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users