• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pre-Release Round 2 Discs

#1 User is offline   Jeff 

• Project Advisor
  • Group: Developer
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

Second wave of pre-release discs are here -> http://sourceforge.n...scs/prerelease/

This should resolve most issues regarding profiles and replaces terminology with lxterminal. Note the start up page in Midori still has issues (which will be fixed before the final disc) and the local documentation is still waiting to be updated. The disc images are also slightly smaller in size as I cleared up some extra data they had laying around.

Please let me know what issues yall find... I'd love for this to be our best release yet. Please note this set of disc images no longer has the testing repo enabled by default, but I still consider them testing.

~Jeff

#2 User is offline   Vince 

• Group: Members
  • LocationHudsonville, MI USA

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

View PostJeff, on 01 January 2013 - 12:23 AM, said:

Second wave of pre-release discs are here -> http://sourceforge.n...scs/prerelease/

This should resolve most issues regarding profiles and replaces terminology with lxterminal. Note the start up page in Midori still has issues (which will be fixed before the final disc) and the local documentation is still waiting to be updated. The disc images are also slightly smaller in size as I cleared up some extra data they had laying around.

Please let me know what issues yall find... I'd love for this to be our best release yet. Please note this set of disc images no longer has the testing repo enabled by default, but I still consider them testing.

~Jeff

Downloading now. It's New Year's Eve Jeff, go out and have a beer or two or 7 or 8.

Vince
Google Nexus 7 Tablet 16GB model
Gateway LT4010u netbook with 2GB RAM & Intel's Atom N2600 processor
Samsung ARM Chromebook
Toshiba 17.3" Satellite C875D-S7120 Laptop PC with AMD Dual-Core E2-1800 Accelerated Processor with 4GB RAM

#3 User is offline   brig 

• Troll
  • LocationNiagara Falls, NY

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

I have it installed now :D So far, So Wonderful!! Happy New Year Jeff and Everyone :D
eternal noob

#4 User is offline   Vince 

• LocationHudsonville, MI USA

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

No show stoppers so far Jeff. Everything working fast and smoothly. Definitely will be your best release yet. Congrats!

Vince
Google Nexus 7 Tablet 16GB model
Gateway LT4010u netbook with 2GB RAM & Intel's Atom N2600 processor
Samsung ARM Chromebook
Toshiba 17.3" Satellite C875D-S7120 Laptop PC with AMD Dual-Core E2-1800 Accelerated Processor with 4GB RAM

#5 User is offline   meanpt 

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

2.2.0 64 and 32 bits

the former localization problem still remains: the keyboard layout chosen during the installation is ignored and not applied after the reboot.

new installed software only shows as new menu items after restarting enlightenment

lxkeymap doesn't run, with the same error log as before: An exit code of 1 was returned from lxkeymap

#6 User is offline   AntCer 

• Has the Python Fu
  • Group: Moderators
  • Location92324

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

Could we possibly include Duma's Bodhi theme and remove some other one?
Bodhi QuickStart Index Page -- Updates are automatically viewable via link. Take a couple seconds to view. ;)

#7 User is offline   Jeff 

• Project Advisor
  • Group: Developer
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

View PostAntCer, on 02 January 2013 - 01:07 AM, said:

Could we possibly include Duma's Bodhi theme and remove some other one?

If that is ready I am happy to add it.

E team must have changed something affecting system language/keyboard. Users will simply have to change it in the E settings after installing Bodhi now.

~Jeff

#8 User is offline   AntCer 

• Has the Python Fu
  • Location92324

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

It is done and great.

Here is the link to Duma's Bodhi theme: My link
Bodhi QuickStart Index Page -- Updates are automatically viewable via link. Take a couple seconds to view. ;)

#9 User is offline   laoguy 

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

View PostJeff, on 01 January 2013 - 12:23 AM, said:

~Jeff

#10 User is offline   laoguy 

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

Can confirm meanpt's problem with keyboard layout after the initial reboot. The keyboard switcher gadget was marked as loaded
but there was great difficulty in getting it to register. It is possible after much playing around. 64bit iso.
The lxdm login manager will not load other desktops even though they are registered in the desktop dialog.
To whoever implimented the lao language dialog in the installer, thanks. Classy.

#11 User is offline   Theophobus 

• LocationUnterschleiƟheim, Germany

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

View PostJeff, on 02 January 2013 - 01:15 AM, said:

If that is ready I am happy to add it.

E team must have changed something affecting system language/keyboard. Users will simply have to change it in the E settings after installing Bodhi now.

~Jeff

So everyone not living in the us is presented with a wrong keyboard... Whats about adding the keyboard selector to ALL profiles by default, I know ugly but helpful for new users?
FOXTROT UNIFORM CHARLIE KILO the world
My Deviantart My personal BigBodhi disk

#12 User is offline   RitterRunkel 

• LocationPotsdam, Germany

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

Upgraded to E17 and 2.2.0 by terminal and apt-get (dist-)upgrade ... therefore I've not seen the installation language tool. But I'm missing the E-settings language panel, too. It's simply missing. Any ideas?

#13 User is offline   Theophobus 

• LocationUnterschleiƟheim, Germany

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

View PostRitterRunkel, on 02 January 2013 - 12:45 PM, said:

Upgraded to E17 and 2.2.0 by terminal and apt-get (dist-)upgrade ... therefore I've not seen the installation language tool. But I'm missing the E-settings language panel, too. It's simply missing. Any ideas?

You have to add the keyboard gadget to your shelf or desktop and choose your keyboard, i.e. german, and in settings/all your language.
FOXTROT UNIFORM CHARLIE KILO the world
My Deviantart My personal BigBodhi disk

#14 User is offline   AntCer 

• Has the Python Fu
  • Location92324

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

View PostTheophobus, on 02 January 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

You have to add the keyboard gadget to your shelf or desktop and choose your keyboard, i.e. german, and in settings/all your language.

You don't necessarily have to add the Gadget. Just loading the module is enough. It adds the menu entry Main Menu>Settings>All>Input>Keyboard.

#15 User is offline   RitterRunkel 

• LocationPotsdam, Germany

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

Thx to both of you! Due to my resetted e-Profile I indeed had to activate the language module as well as the keyboard gadget. Wondering why language module is not enabled by default, but well, now I'm able to choose my language and my preferred keyboard layout and it's fine. :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users