• Location92324

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

eInfo v0.7

einfo.deb
eInfo GitHub

CLI command:
einfo

Spoiler

Bodhi QuickStart Index Page -- Updates are automatically viewable via link. Take a couple seconds to view. ;)

#2 User is offline   AntCer 

• Has the Python Fu
  • Group: Moderators
  • Location92324

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:00 AM

eInfo v0.1 is out! Hardware section has some blanks on specific device info while I search for an alternative to parsing lshw command. Remote Network Information is incomplete. Also, enlightenment version function is not up yet (currently just shows 0.17.1). Will be up for next release, which will be soon.

Added Device Section as an option in the System tab of the Hardware section. Functions similarly to lspci, but does not actually use the command.

Additions, suggestions, renames, restructure/reorganization ideas all welcomed. Testing appreciated. Feedback wanted!

Already planning to give out an export information option in plain text and html for next release.
Bodhi QuickStart Index Page -- Updates are automatically viewable via link. Take a couple seconds to view. ;)

#3 User is offline   Jeff 

• Lead Developer
  • Group: Developer
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

Really slick looking AntCer! Once you get this to a point you are happy with would you like to help me integrate this into an option in eCcess?

~Jeff

#4 User is offline   AntCer 

• Has the Python Fu
  • Location92324

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:23 AM

Of course! :D That was the original goal. I've made the app more modular for easy integration. Currently trying to find more info for PCI devices, such as video cards and audio cards. Might change the look a tad more on a couple sections and add a Network section separate to the Hardware section.

At first, this app was a command output parser, skimming through lshw, dmidecode, iwconfig, ifconfig commands. Now, I've found ways to get information directly, making everything almost instantaneous. A lot of learning going on. :)

#5 User is offline   AntCer 

• Has the Python Fu
  • Location92324

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

Found a reliable source for E version info. eInfo now properly detects E version. Repackaged, committed, and uploaded. :)

#6 User is offline   Jeff 

• Lead Developer

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

I'll get this into our repos this weekend :)

~Jeff

#7 User is offline   AntCer 

• Has the Python Fu
  • Location92324

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:00 AM

eInfo v0.2 out! :D

Testers wanted. Limited to three testing machines currently, and they all have 64bit cpus.

Run "einfo" from CLI and paste any error messages so that I may fix it as quickly as possible.

-Detects kernel architecture without parsing a CLI command.
-Accurately displays uptime now.
-As mentioned before, accurately detects E version.
-Detects gcc info without parsing a CLI command.
-Detects number of installed packages without parsing a CLI command.

I believe I have gotten rid of all CLI commands and found a faster alternative for each.

-Still need to find a way to get more in-depth info on the Video, Sound, and NIC cards without using lshw, so they'll be blank 'til next time.
-Export feature will be started later tonight or early tomorrow.

#8 User is offline   kuuko 

• Group: Members
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:25 AM

Other than
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'gccv' referenced before assignment
version 0.2 works very well with 32-bit x86 Intel platform. You should use a Table for the storage info as it now tends to get visually out of alignment. Keep up the good work. :)

#9 User is offline   AntCer 

• Has the Python Fu
  • Location92324

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

@kuuko
I'll look at the Table for organizational purposes. It may work better for this chart-like representation. :)

Yikes, nice catch. I had set it to check for "x86_64" directly, instead of relying on kernel architecture. Fixed. Did not bother updating version for the little fix. It should now be able to check 32bit.
Try it out and let me know! :)

Any info you all would like to be fetched, please suggest and I will see if I can reliably track it down.

#10 User is offline   AntCer 

• Has the Python Fu
  • Location92324

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:09 AM

v0.3

Added a simple export feature:
Posted Image

Also, fixed some ugly expansion issues when messing with the window dimensions.

#11 User is offline   kuuko 

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:42 PM

View PostAntCer, on 01 June 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

Yikes, nice catch. I had set it to check for "x86_64" directly, instead of relying on kernel architecture. Fixed. Did not bother updating version for the little fix. It should now be able to check 32bit.
Try it out and let me know! :)

The fix is good. For more ideas you can look into System Information for Windows which has a very good free version available, but unfortunately is not open source. There's also http://openhardwaremonitor.org/ and IIRC Phoronix Test Suite has some system information stuff as well.

#12 User is offline   AntCer 

• Has the Python Fu
  • Location92324

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:39 AM

eInfo v0.4!

Had some time to unwind after the big test. It was my last!
Fixed a few issues that I found after some serious testing.
Finished the new and improved Storage Section!
Also, added a USB/PCI device section in System tab of Hardware Section! :)
Spoiler

TO DO: Change Memory section to Table widget. I like the way it presents info. May do the same for the other sections! Will improve readability of code when it's all set and done. :)

#13 User is offline   Charles@Bodhi 

• Old Faithful
  • LocationZeist, The Netherlands

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:54 AM

@ Antcer
Love the way this tool is developing.

Can you modify the alignment within the table cells. Text values=alignment left, numeric values=alignment right. Would improve readability even further.

Enjoy,
Charles.
Medion S4216 Ultrabook, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, WIN 8.1, Bodhi 2.4.0-64
EEE Box202, 1GB RAM, 80 GB HDD, WIN-XP SP3, Bodhi 2.3.0-32_non-pae
EEE PC 901, 1GB RAM, 12 GB SSD, Tripleboot Bodhi 2.4.0-32 non-pae: E17-stable, E17-testing, E18-testing

How to mark a thread as [SOLVED]
The Bodhi Guide to Enlightenment

#14 User is offline   kuuko 

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:31 AM

AntCer, I haven't tried but you should be able to accomplish what Charles is suggesting by setting the Labels's horizontal size hints to weight->expand and align->left/right.

#15 User is offline   AntCer 

• Has the Python Fu
  • Location92324

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:18 AM

eInfo v0.5!!

Basically, a bit of spring cleaning. Made it lighter. Some fallbacks and exceptions for "just-in-case" situations. Also, included Charles' suggestion for the Storage Section:
Posted Image

Any issues, suggestions, feedback, please feel free to lemme know. :)

Will try to clean-up code thoroughly, while instilling actual content in Video Device info and implementing a fuller export feature. Eventually, Audio device info. The blanks are killing me, though some basic info does show up in PCI Device Info of System tab in Hardware section.

Thinking of adding a Check list to the export feature to select the sections you would like exported, with a Fileselector widget to control the location and a name. Default name and path will be $HOME/system.info and all checked, like it currently is in the background. Sound good to y'all?

#16 User is offline   meanpt 

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

:) I think it's more than ready for community testing and feedback. Why keeping us drooling?

#17 User is offline   AntCer 

• Has the Python Fu
  • Location92324

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:56 PM

@meanpt
This will be added to the Bodhi repos soon, but for now you can install from the .deb file:
einfo.deb 0.5

Only dependency that is likely not met in your installation is python-dmidecode.
Install it beforehand with apt-get or synaptic.

Your feedback is wanted, of course! :)

#18 User is offline   Jeff 

• Lead Developer

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:42 AM

Latest version added to Bodhi stable repos.

~Jeff

#19 User is offline   Jeff 

• Lead Developer

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:53 PM

AntCer - I know you've been around far less lately, but the latest version of eInfo doesn't seem to display CPU information correctly any longer. Haven't had a chance to look into this myself, but I will if you don't find time.

~Jeff

#20 User is offline   AntCer 

• Has the Python Fu
  • Location92324

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:57 PM

I'll take a look at it. Its been crazy with this new job. Going to CES this year for work, so I'll have a few hours here and there each day for the week. I'll most likely be able to give all my apps a much needed update to their latest versions. :) Seems like you all have your time-filled with the latest release! I can take a look into the documentation, but will we be shipping E18 or E17 in the next release?

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users