Bodhi Release Cycle Changes

#1 User is offline   Jeff 

• Project Advisor
  • Group: Developer
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:11 PM

Howdy Folks,

I'd like to make public something I've been thinking about for awhile now:

For the duration of the Bodhi 2.x.y release cycle, minor update releases will now be every four months (1st, 5th and 9th months) as opposed to quarterly.

When we first started Bodhi E17 was in a state of constant development. This made it more important that our live CD was kept constantly up to date. With E17 being the E stable release, this has become less needed. As always - existing Bodhi installs will be up-gradable via the command line/package manager.

Bodhi 2.4.0 will be out by the end of August when it is ready as our stable release.

Cheers,
~Jeff

#2 User is offline   leober 

• Group: Members
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:14 PM

View PostJeff, on 30 July 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

Howdy Folks,

I'd like to make public something I've been thinking about for awhile now:

For the duration of the Bodhi 2.x.y release cycle, minor update releases will now be every four months (4th, 8th and 12th months) as opposed to quarterly.

When we first started Bodhi E17 was in a state of constant development. This made it more important that our live CD was kept constantly up to date. With E17 being the E stable release, this has become less needed. As always - existing Bodhi installs will be up-gradable via the command line/package manager.

Bodhi 2.4.0 will be out by the end of August as our stable release.

Cheers,
~Jeff

Sorry, I am beginning use of Bodhi and I am Brazilian and my English is not so good, then I would like know if I will need reinstall or if I can use "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y dist-upgrade" to go to Bodhi 2.4.0

#3 User is offline   Jeff 

• Project Advisor

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:31 PM

View Postleober, on 30 July 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

if I can use "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y dist-upgrade" to go to Bodhi 2.4.0

You can use this to move any 2.x.y system to the latest 2.x.y release.

~Jeff

#4 User is offline   kendew 

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:17 PM

Jeff,
A few weeks ago I downloaded an iso from here via SourceForge which I still have on my HD called bodhi-2.4.0-64.iso. Today I plan to install Bodhi on a new computer so checked to see if there was a newer version, and to my surprise find bodhi-2.3.0-64.iso as the latest. I'm a little confused. Can I still use the bodhi-2.4.0-64.iso or was that taken down for a reason?
Ken DeW

#5 User is offline   Jeff 

• Project Advisor

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:46 PM

Downloading ISOs directly to source forge can be dangerous. Their web tool auto lists the "latest" ISO image uploaded to the server - so when I upload images to our "next" folder they appear there. Always use the downloads page on the Bodhi site to find the latest stable release.

Our latest stable release as of my posting this is 2.3.0

That being said - the last 2.4.0 pre-disc I posted there is fine functionality wise. It has a few cosmetic issues that prevented it from being marked as stable and then we opt'd to delay the release with the release of E17.4

~Jeff

#6 User is offline   cooler 

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

Any news on 2.4.0? I'm going to test another laptop and was waiting for 2.4.0. I hope there are no big problems.
Thank you!

#7 User is offline   Jeff 

• Project Advisor

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:35 PM

The delays with E17.4 happened when I had spare time set aside to work on the release. Those packages are finally in stable though, so hopefully get 2.4.0 discs ironed out soon.

Keep in mind these are just an update release - nothing earth shattering.

~Jeff

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users