http://jeffhoogland....nt-desktop.html

~Jeff

A big thank you to everyone who contributes to Bodhi Linux

#2 kelticdruid

kelticdruid

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:04 AM

hey jeff, not sure if this would be the place for this, is there a way to install bodhi-desktop on a debian install? specifically raspian. right now ive got e17 as my DE on my raspbery pi was wondering if i could ge tthe new e19/bodhi there as well i know you dropped support for the arm bodhi distro

kevin

#3 Jeff

Jeff

Lead Developer

• Developer
  • 12440 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IL

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:36 AM

Even when we supported ARM - we dropped support for the Pi.

It is crappy hardware not worth supporting. You can't use it for normal desktop use, which is what bodhi is designed for.

~Jeff

#4 bwh1969

bwh1969

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:31 PM

Note: on a KDE (Kubuntu) based system, econnman will confict with network-manager for KDE and remove it, leaving one or the other desktop without a native network tool. I got around this by installing the gnome version of network manager and have it autostart from the "startup in.

Reason: For anyone running cedarview graphics, Intel GMA 3600, Ubuntu with Unity as a base was so unworkably slow. The fallback driver for this graphics card is the gma_500 and it doesn't use the 3600's gpu and everything runs on software rendering, and there is no way I can find to easiy get the semi propriatary intel cedarview driver to build and install in anything later than ubuntu 12.04 running kernel 3.2.x. KDE oddly does not use many resources compared to Unity ad actually runs almost as smoothly as Enlightenment using the "substitute" driver gma_500. I am currently running Bodhi 2.4 on another partition with the 3.2.36 kernel with the cedarview-drm package. Looks awesome but oddly locks up at times because I think Intel did crappy job with the first version of Ubuntu drivers (and apparently no others were released that are simple to deal with without hand compiling bunch of crap, including xorg).

So, on a Kubuntu system as I also didn't want to mess with the login theme because the Kubuntu version is pretty slick and also did not want the plymouth them installed (I like it, I just don't want a lot of extra packages):

after adding the Bodhi repo:

sudo apt-get install bodhi-icons bodhi-profile-e19 bodhi-skel bodhi-slideshow desktop-base e19 eepdater efl elaptopcheck elementary epad epulse-e19 evas-generic-loaders gdebi-core gnome-accessibility-themes gnome-icon-theme gnome-icon-theme-full gnome-icon-theme-symbolic gnome-themes-standard gnome-themes-standard-data gtk2-engines-murrine gtk2-engines-pixbuf gtk3-engines-unico humanity-icon-theme libbulletcollision2.81 libbulletdynamics2.81 libbulletsoftbody2.81 libido3-0.1-0 liblinearmath2.81 libluajit-5.1-2 libluajit-5.1-common libpackagekit-glib2-16 localechooser-data lxmenu-data matrilneare-icon-theme packagekit packagekit-backend-aptcc packagekit-tools python-efl python3-packagekit radiance-theme-e19 terminology ubuntu-mono user-setup network-manager-gnome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users