aeonius

Wiki Authors/Editors

I've just published a switching keyboards with key bindings wiki page.

http://www.bodhilinux.com/w/switching-keyboard-layouts/

Feel free to add/correct etc. or let me know if I've done a doofuss...

Cheers

Hmm, not a doofuss, but did you check the sub-layouts to work with the parameters?

enter the keyboard layout you want to assign the combination to i.e. (sk, fr, uk etc)

i.g. us keyboard has at least 6 different versions.

Enjoy,

Charles

Hmm, not a doofuss, but did you check the sub-layouts to work with the parameters?

i.g. us keyboard has at least 6 different versions.

Enjoy,

Charles

Thanks Charles, I didn't check the sub-layouts of the ones I used in the example, maybe it would be useful to have a table of the most commonly used layouts...I'll check it out and update :)

I've just added that an exhaustive list of layouts and sub-layouts plus descriptions can be found in /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/base.lst for now. Not sure I want to list the most used, bit discriminatory, and listing all of them will need a page of it's own ,so will endeavor to do a page dedicated to this and link to it when I'm done :)

All this stuff is possible to do with a keyboard-module. You can set a variant and model. Only limitation is you can set just 4 layouts. Maybe I will try to fix it in the near future if possible due to known Ubuntu bug.

It was just one of the things Jeff wanted to put up because there had been an influx of questions about it. I know Swarmi will provide for this when it's released, so I wouldn't say the module is super priority!?

Swami is fine but provides just a basic layout switch without variants, models etc. More over there is not possibility for easy layout switching with the shortcuts among layouts and it has not indicator which layout was chosen. Many users are used to it. Swami will be great but needs more time for developing...

I think it would be helpful if some adjustments could be made to page/site styling.

For instance, if links could be bolded or underlined by default to help them stand out from the rest of the text.

Also, if something could be done with the headings (h1, h2, etc.) to help better differentiate them. Maybe make the even numbered ones a different color? The size difference between each step just doesn't seem clear enough to me.

Get aeonius back.

I think it would be helpful if some adjustments could be made to page/site styling.

For instance, if links could be bolded or underlined by default to help them stand out from the rest of the text.

Also, if something could be done with the headings (h1, h2, etc.) to help better differentiate them. Maybe make the even numbered ones a different color? The size difference between each step just doesn't seem clear enough to me.

Get aeonius to come back.

I'll ping aeonius via email now. I know he has been busy lately as well, so not sure about how quickly this will get done.

The thread looks a little "long in the tooth" and a seemingly adequate number of folks have volunteered. Initially, I tossed my hat into the ring as well. But alas, my plans have been altered. Since I can't delete this post, I'll simply wish everyone all the best.

Giving it a crack, Jeff!

Planning on starting with general clean-up and going from there.  Let me know if any specific areas need attention first, etc.

Thank you!