Malach

Applying e17 themes in Bodhi 3.0 Legacy - Will not apply [Solved]

Hi, so I have been trying to apply e17 themes to my desktop in Bodhi 3.0. I have used the same process in 2.4 and it worked great with the same themes downloaded from the same source (e17-stuff.org). I import the themes from my Download directory and when I click apply it seems to try and apply it and then it just comes back to the default theme.

I have read as much of the documentation as is available to me now through your links and haven't yet been able to figure this out. A quick web search found the same question posted on a more generic linux forum, however with no answer available.

Is there a different process from 2.4 that I need to follow?

It sounds like whatever E theme you are trying to use does not support the latest version of E17 - which is E17.6. When E gets a non-functional theme it falls back to the default.

Bodhi 2.4.0 is forever stuck on E17.3 due to some issues the transition from 17.3 to 17.6 has.

~Jeff

• Like 1

Ok, that makes sense to me, I will just be sure to only try and apply e17.6 themes when using Bodhi 3.0. Thank you so much for the quick answer.

Thanks again, I finally found some themes that would work using synaptic package manager. I hadn't been able to before. I am really starting to enjoy this operating system. You guys rock.

• Like 1