Jeff

Share your Desktop

@ Malach  Nice Clean desktop! Can you post your conky or at least the calendar part of it?

Thanks Randy, the conky is located here, there are some fonts it calls for also but you should be able to find them. 

Sometimes it is a pain to make it transparent because of how enlightenment does the wallpaper, there are good instructions on this here at question six. I used the feh method explained there and it works well when I have issues.

This conky is really a VinDSL template that I modified quite a bit, there are tons of pretty cool ones later on in this thread. Like after page 1600.

• Like 1

Which themes can i use? GTK1.x, GTK2.x or GTK3.x ?

I can download them from gnome-look.org?? Or another location?

I'm not found of that dark/black default theme... (sorry)

Which themes can i use? GTK1.x, GTK2.x or GTK3.x ?

I can download them from gnome-look.org?? Or another location?

I'm not found of that dark/black default theme... (sorry)

There's an E17 and E19 thread for enlightenment themes or you can look on http://e17-stuff.org...you can use pretty much an GTK 3.0/2.0 theme but they will only affect GTK apps obviously...GTK 3.0 usually always includes a 2.0 folder and it's GTK 2.0 that's actually used so if you end up with a theme that's only GTK 3.0 for some odd reason that one won't work.

i tried to install conky manager but i kept getting this error message ( sudo: apt-add-repository: commend not found )

You don't need to add a repo...just do a sudo apt-get install conky or whatever package...or you can use synaptic for a gui.

You don't need to add a repo...just do a sudo apt-get install conky or whatever package...or you can use synaptic for a gui.

so i can install conky manager with the terminal without the repo? B)

so i can install conky manager with the terminal without the repo? B)

Either you can because it's been added to the bodhi repo , or you can request it in the software request thread and Jeff is typically VERY fast at filling  requests.  The devs prefer the user not use third party PPA's.

i tried to install conky manager but i kept getting this error message ( sudo: apt-add-repository: commend not found )

Some people do not like to add ppa's due to being concerned with security and the sources of the software they are using. I have done it a few times for reputable software which I have verified through research. Bodhi is not set up to do this without a first step.  If you want to install by using the command that failed for you then first enter this in terminal:

$ sudo apt-get install software-properties-common

Then follow the steps for installing again.

So I did some tweaking on my Bodhi XFCE (or what I affectionately call Bodhi X) install...

Y2vfZIj.png

Pulled the wallpaper from right here in the Bodhi Forums!

osenQTM.png

This 8 year old laptop is flying and looking pretty good.

• Like 2

Hi Yunn , Thanks!!! , in Spanish : Me han comentado que ha realizado una version de Japan tema para e19 . donde se puede ver ?

Well the old theme Luxe , now!!!! updated for e19 enjoy!!!!!!!!!

26768904-269.jpg

26768903-c5a.jpg

Greetings:

Agust

How do I get this theme?

So I did some tweaking on my Bodhi XFCE (or what I affectionately call Bodhi X) install...

Y2vfZIj.png

osenQTM.png

So you are running XFCE, isn't it?

What's this GTK Theme? I like it! :)

There's an E17 and E19 thread for enlightenment themes or you can look on http://e17-stuff.org...you can use pretty much an GTK 3.0/2.0 theme but they will only affect GTK apps obviously...GTK 3.0 usually always includes a 2.0 folder and it's GTK 2.0 that's actually used so if you end up with a theme that's only GTK 3.0 for some odd reason that one won't work.

Pretty old stuff on that site..... not much recent updates. Still usable for Bodhi 3.0???

Pretty old stuff on that site..... not much recent updates. Still usable for Bodhi 3.0???

If you sort by most recent you will see the E19 themes....the older e17/e18 work on legacy.   I have not done a whole lot with my desktop yet.....just started tweaking but here's an example:

fZ3vSqa.jpg

Y2vfZIj.png

osenQTM.png

Where exactly is that wallpaper?  Would look good with the green onix theme too.