Sign in to follow this  
aeonius

Appcenter

Hi Jeff!

Thanks for your consideration.

Actually, Autokey is for working with text as in abbreviation expansion, (i.e. PhraseExpress, InstantText or even MS Word's Autotext.)  Its purpose is merely to send keystrokes to a text editor/word processor or now even other programs like e-mail, working with a group of addresses or those long words that are fingetwisters to type or you type a lot (gastroduodenoscopy; thank you for your interest, www.bodhilinux.com, or a way to make a keyboard shortcut where one does not exist, possibly) etc.... , nothing as fancy as what the "desktop automation for Linux and X11 imply. LOL

Again, thank you for considering Autokey and Cherrytree.

MDG  :)

Cherry Tree: A hierarchical note taking application, featuring rich text and syntax highlighting, storing data in a single xml or sqlite file.

http://www.giuspen.com/cherrytree/

Hey mdg,

Thanks for sharing that. I've been using Kabikaboo for a project, but they stopped development on that and you can't change the font size. So I end up working in something that can make the font bigger and then paste it into there for a more organized keeping. Maybe Cherrytree would be a good replacement.

I finally got a machine new enough to support Bodhi 3 and it's been great - thanks so much!

I had dutifully saved all of the bod files from my 2.4 installation, only to discover that they don't work over here.  Not  problem; I went to the AppCenter and downloaded everything I needed.  Except for two things:

Audacity

Unetbootin

On the other side of the coin, it was great to see that Stellarium had updated from v11 to v12.4 - thanks for that too!

Audacity is likely a good one to get added. Putting that on my TODO list.

Sign in to follow this