Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Looking for ePad Testers!

Can you upload the file you are trying to search to somewhere I can download it from so I can see the formatting it uses? Must be using something that doesn't convert to UTF8 cleanly.

If I want to open multiple files do I simply click open and choose the various files 1 at a time?

TIA Joe

Currently that is how it works. You can also launch ePad from the command line with multiple files as arguments. I'm adding "select multiple files" to the TODO list for the file selector widget ePad uses. Now that ePad supports multiple files it would be a good option to have.

~Jeff

You've been putting some serious work into epad..it's really coming along!

Thanks :) the issue you had with the super large file (40k+ lines) is actually a bug in elementary (the core library Bodhi/ePad use) and it is getting addressed by the E team. Hopefully soon. Phab ticket here -> https://phab.enlightenment.org/T2088

~Jeff

I tried searching a different txt file from my win 7 box and it work fine in epad. (see post 25 above) I image that file was just buggy and am sure epad is working perfectly. the file contains all my passwords so I am going to recreate it just to be safe. Thanks for your offer to look into it deeper but I am sure the issue is on my end

I have just used epad 0.9.3 and have to ask if I come across a bug. When I open a file, whenever I click on "save" button, the name of file lose left char. I can see that name in titile bar and tab as well.

Another question for improve: I assume the save button should be disabled when no changes were in the file. It should change to enabled after some new changes.

The title bug should be fixed in version 0.9.3bodhi2 of epad. It was broken as you described in the build before this.

Disabling the save button when the file is currently saved is a good idea. Will look into that.

I've added ePad 0.9.4 to the repo this evening with save button toggling based on if you can save the file. Let me know if you see any issues with it - seems to work here in my limited testing.

Good idea :)

I'm tring to open a file but I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "efl/evas/efl.evas_object_smart.pxi", line 426, in efl.evas._smart_callback (efl/evas/efl.evas.c:78656)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/elmextensions/fileselector.py", line 618, in actionButtonPressed
    self.actionCallback(self, "%s%s"%(self.filepathEntry.text, self.fileEntry.text))
  File "/usr/bin/epad", line 423, in fileSelected
    self.addFile(file_selected)
  File "/usr/bin/epad", line 307, in addFile
    entryBox.openFile(filePath)
  File "/usr/bin/epad", line 777, in openFile
    self.takeSnapShot()
  File "/usr/bin/epad", line 659, in takeSnapShot
    entryGet = self.mainEn.entry_get()
  File "efl/elementary/entry.pxi", line 472, in efl.elementary.__init__.Entry.entry_get (efl/elementary/__init__.c:66130)
  File "efl/utils/conversions.pyx", line 41, in efl.utils.conversions._ctouni (efl/utils/conversions.c:937)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe0 in position 140: invalid continuation byte
  File "efl/evas/efl.evas_object_smart.pxi", line 426, in efl.evas._smart_callback (efl/evas/efl.evas.c:78656)
  File "/usr/bin/epad", line 725, in curChanged
    tmp_text = markup_to_utf8(entry.entry_get())
  File "efl/elementary/entry.pxi", line 472, in efl.elementary.__init__.Entry.entry_get (efl/elementary/__init__.c:66130)
  File "efl/utils/conversions.pyx", line 41, in efl.utils.conversions._ctouni (efl/utils/conversions.c:937)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe0 in position 140: invalid continuation byte
  File "/usr/bin/epad", line 725, in curChanged
    tmp_text = markup_to_utf8(entry.entry_get())

Is the file something you can share? Based on the error message it looks like it contains characters Elementary's entry object is unable to load.