Sign in to follow this  
Agust

Themes e19

Question

Hi, keep in mind that you can use E17 on Bodhi 3 instead E19 that allows theme mixing with Advanced Theme Selector.

This could be an easy way to merge the theme without decompiling and hacking the sources.

But if you don't prefer change Window Manager, you can decompile both the theme (even if you can't load Black-Nostrum theme on E19, you can decompile it).

Take on Black-Nostrum's sources the groups about window border (they could be on a file named borders.edc, or there are all the groups with the name: "e/widgets/border/default (or Dialog, No_Resize, No_Resize Dialog, ... )/border" and copy and past over the border.edc file on Radiance's sources.

Keep in mind that before recompile you have to take all the pixmap used on these groups (try to make a search of all the .png  string used on Border Black-Nostrum's sources and copy on the Radiance folder, in the same relative path).

For example if an Image on Black Nostrum is placed on "Black Nostrum/Images/border.png", you have to copy on "Radiance/Images/border.png", even if images on Radiance are located on img/ folder.

After that you can recompile.

Hope to be clear.

Hi, keep in mind that you can use E17 on Bodhi 3 instead E19 that allows theme mixing with Advanced Theme Selector.

This could be an easy way to merge the theme without decompiling and hacking the sources.

But if you don't prefer change Window Manager, you can decompile both the theme (even if you can't load Black-Nostrum theme on E19, you can decompile it).

Take on Black-Nostrum's sources the groups about window border (they could be on a file named borders.edc, or there are all the groups with the name: "e/widgets/border/default (or Dialog, No_Resize, No_Resize Dialog, ... )/border" and copy and past over the border.edc file on Radiance's sources.

Keep in mind that before recompile you have to take all the pixmap used on these groups (try to make a search of all the .png  string used on Border Black-Nostrum's sources and copy on the Radiance folder, in the same relative path).

For example if an Image on Black Nostrum is placed on "Black Nostrum/Images/border.png", you have to copy on "Radiance/Images/border.png", even if images on Radiance are located on img/ folder.

After that you can recompile.

Hope to be clear.

Thanks Duma.

Now that I know what my options are I think that I'll just go back to using E17 on my Bodhi 3 install. Far too complicated to modify an E19 theme. It seems that Bodhi's default WM will be a version of E17 soon anyway.

Once again, thanks for your help.