Sign in to follow this  
Tristam

Forum Picture issues...

From what I can gather, the old forum version had Profile Pictures and Avatars and you could set different pictures for each.  The new version appears to only support profile pictures. (Thanks to Elw3 for pointing me in this direction).  I would ask users with malfunctioning avatars to try setting their profile picture explicitly.  You can right click the existing picture to get the link to it and try using that for your picture in your profile.  I see no way to restore the old Picture/Avatar split.

--Tristam

I'm not seeing anywhere to set an avatar in the new forum software.  If you right click on the broken avatar and choose "View Image" it points to a blank filename in the upload directory.

--Tristam

Yet charles for example has still booth. Just inverted...

edit: Had until a minute ago...

Indeed, reading this topic I tried to upload my "old" avatar to set it as profile picture. I had removed the photo I had there, but uploading gave no new picture. Using an URL at Imgur did not work either. And out of the blue my old removed photo is back. Please HELP. 

Charles.

Tristam this is probably related: 

I have some pictures in my attachments storage which i have now no permission to access anymore.

Like post-1038-0-54670200-1328935801_thumb.jpg

I am also using 3MB of 500KB...

Edit: Whoops deleting works.

Some weird stuff going on. I can see my old profile picture too.

Edit:

If I use direct link it does not work.

If I use upload option, gif is static.

Something magical happened and the pictures seem to work again.  I claim no credit/blame/etc for it.

--Tristam

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this