Sign in to follow this  
DennisD

How do I change Module and Application Icons?

Go to Main Menu > Settings > Settings Panel. On the Look Tab choose Application Theme.

There You will have Icons Tab, choose your icon pack, then Apply changes and... that should be it :)

Go to Main Menu > Settings > Settings Panel. On the Look Tab choose Application Theme.

There You will have Icons Tab, choose your icon pack, then Apply changes and... that should be it :)

Hi Mo,

Thanks for the quick response; however, not quite what I was looking for. I want to know how to change the icon of a single application or module.

For example, I dont like the battery icon. So, I want to change it without it effecting any other icons.

Thanks,

Dennis

Talk to Duma, you'll have to revamp your theme. I believe he has written some posts about reconfiguring themes.

It was nice in e-17 you could use the advance button in settings/all/look/theme and interchange modules with different themes. But it looks like they discontinued this in e-19.

I remember the setting in 2.4 but couldn't seem to find it. Now I know why. That sucks if we will have to edit edj files just to change a module icon.

All module icons are theme controlled. To edit them you need to change your theme.

@Randy - the "advanced" feature was removed because themes are now handled by elementary, not E directly.

the "advanced" feature was removed because themes are now handled by elementary, not E directly.

That is a very unfornate loss. Complicates a relatively simple task.

That is a very unfornate loss. Complicates a relatively simple task.

It didn't complicate anything. Module icons have always been control by themes. You just can't mix and match themes manually any longer.

It does from an end user point of view. Instead being able to grab two themes and pull the best elements from each via the UI...the user now has to decompress an edj file, find the code for the module, edit it, and recompile.

Its worth noting that in Moksha / E17 you CAN mix and match theme components using the theme tool (click the advanced option). This was one of the many things removed from E18+

• Like 1