Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

E19.9 in the Bodhi Stable Branch

Question

Apologies for lagging behind on E19 updates. All the work with Moksha / getting 3.1.0 out the door took priority.

Today I've added E19.9 as well as EFL/Elm 1.15 to the stable branch. They seem to be working well here on both my Moksha system and my VMs running E19.

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

I take it this will have to be a manual update if we want it?

EDIT: *sigh* nevermind... for some reason epdater only showed 2 updates, but then when it ran it pulled in all the other updates as well...  sorry for the post.

If you have E19 installed and run your normal system updates you will find E19.9. Not sure if that is what you mean by manual.

Usually when I restart my system I let it sit for a while and eepDater shows if there are packages or not for updating.  However today it only showed 2 so when I kicked it off it pulled in the 19.9 packaged so in all I think I had at least 8 updates, but the icon on the bar was showing 2.... no worries.  Im having an ugly Monday but at least things are working....

EDIT:

Ok, maybe its not a good Monday.   My 3.0.0 64, E19 VM appears to be hosed.  For some reason it booted into grub, flashed a couple messages about being unable to load the network module(?).  I am going to re-install the 3.0 64 e19 iso again and then let the updates run their coarse. 

Edit2:  I was able to revert to a prior snapshot and ran the updates.  All is well.

how did you do a snapshot?

Ah, that is a feature delivered by Virtualization Software. Kev is running E19 in a VM (Virtual Machine) and when using that you can make a snapshot of the current state of the OS in the VM you are running and reboot into that state whenever you need to. Quite useful for experimental/unstable work.

Use it myself often for testing.

Enjoy,

Charles.