The waiter

Extra module fixing

Question

Hello

I have just fixed one of the moksha-extra-modules. I do not understand why but many modules are buggy or incomprehensibly weird. 

Forecasts module

1. input dialog for entering a city code was just 1 pixel height :) It was impossible to put any text inside. Fixed,
  2. bad weather description position overlapped with temperature. Fixed,
  3. the code was prepared for 5 days forecast but it was apparently not finished. Anyway author could spend just a few minutes (instead of my hours) to make a slider and add some code. Fixed,
  4. If you select 5 days forecast, icons and line spacing increase. Fixed (wait for my another release).

Screenshot module

1. it should have a camera sound during the grabbing. It was in the code but it did not work. I added a code and camera shooter sound to the sources (played via aplay). Fixed
  2. silly, too tiny camera icon on the shelf. Stupid bug in the code. Fixed today (wait for next release)
  3. 60 secs as default countdown timer. Sorry but ... :) lol, Fixed (next release)

Maybe I am wrong but as you can see, some modules are so sloppy so I wanted to devote this thread as a challenge for looking for another bugs or improvements. Please let me make these beautiful modules better:)

• Like 4

38 answers to this question

I lack time now but I have it working a bit better than that. I spent time on it a few weeks ago. Got distracted by something else but ...

Briefly in its settings it has 4 different kinds of stuff it can display .. these are plugins I think in the source. It should be able to display them in two ways: a list and a grid. In what I have the grid is not working correctly. One of the plugins doesn't function at all as far as i can tell, History launcher. Not even sure exactly what it is supposed to do. The rest do I think ... in list view. It can be placed on the desktop but doesn't function correctly the pop up is always displayed.

One of your error messages is likely undefined symbol "_" which should be included in e.h. I will get back to it in time so no need to worry unless ya want to mess with it.

If anybody is interested in getting 'snow' module to work, other than me of course :P i have something that will show off how powerful your 166MHz pathetic rig can get, when it gets right down to it. But disclaimer alert: you still can't pick up chicks, but you can sit next to a machead working hard on his PowerBook or air, and not say anything for maximum impact. But a well delivered Oh, right can be a powerful thing.

Do you mean the snow module with snow flakes on the screen? I made it work as you can see on my previous post from 2.10.2015. Snow module (snow-moksha) is in the repository. Enjoy :)

Maybe its worth to start a new thread with the list of all working modules although I do not want to hurry a lot because there are still some corrupted modules which I want to fix or modules I have no idea what they are suppose to do...

• Like 1

I don't know about anyone else, but, looking at forecasts currently (Oct 19) shows a 3 day forecast for Today, Tomorrow, and Oct 19. Also, the two forecasts that show on the widget say they are for Oct 17 and 18. Ideas?

Maybe you did not reboot your computr for several days? I think when you use CTRL+ALT+END Moksha gets refreshed and the forecast should be updated.

The only other reason I could think of would be the weathersite not being found for delivering new data.

Enjoy,

Charles

After several months of modules work, I am about to finish this topic. I fixed or just packed more than 20 of them which I found interesting, useful or just funny. As I can see there are no more requests or bugs. Nevertheless I will post two addresses here with list of almost all available modules. If you can't live without some of them, just let me know and I will try to make a deb package for you. Be aware, some modules were ported to e18-e20 and it is sometimes very tricky to backport.

http://source.pisilinux.org/erdinc/E17/

https://git.enlightenment.org/

We are working on adding all fixed or ready to use modules with description and screenshots to the app center (Jeff thanx for your help:))

Enjoy

PS: drawer module was too buggy and I gave up fixing. After some time of studying (ylee, charles  thanx for information) I realized it is no so valuable and "run everything" can substitute many of its features.

• Like 1

A big Thank You to the Doer I mean the Waiter :) (and for bringing in snow even though it is March already in real life) Or maybe snow-mo for snow-moksha module

Hello guys

Just having some time and taste for developing. Not a big deal this time, just a color picker which is handy and pro looking for some modules. I decided to put it in TClock and StickyNotes ones. In TClock it replaces the four color sliders without the possibility the color checking in the real time. If you have an idea of adding this feature to another modules, just let me know.

BTW: this work brings me an idea of creating the standalone simple app with color selector not only from the given dialog but also it could get the pixel color anywhere on the desktop. Maybe good little work for self teaching, although I know there are plenty utilities capable doing it. But there is not for E or Moksha

e-59fd9dadd39d92.69231913.jpg

Enjoy

Stefan

• Like 1