Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Introducing the Swami control panel

On LightDM module, maybe the name of the session you started is not so intuitive (user could not know what's the correct name of favorite session: is it enlightenment-ecomorph? ecomorph? composite?).

Could be replaced with a ComboBox for select the correct session?

• Like 1

What do we think of having a auto complete drop down with suggestions as you type in the search box as another improvement?

I guess for a cost/benefit analysis it depends on how big you see the list of options becoming and how long it would take to implement. I think the current search is sufficient, but that's just one opinion.

Minor point. I'm dumb and attempted sudo apt-get install swami I guess that is some form of MIDI software. If you then attempt to install swami-control, the install will fail due to swami.desktop already being created.

Also, my attempt to run it failed.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/swami", line 176, in <module>
    app = MainWin(launchArg)
  File "/usr/bin/swami", line 73, in __init__
    self.loadModules()
  File "/usr/bin/swami", line 129, in loadModules
    self.modules[imported] = imported.SwamiModule(self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/swami_themeselector/swami_themeselector.py", line 67, in __init__
    self.populateThemes()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/swami_themeselector/swami_themeselector.py", line 138, in populateThemes
    self.addTheme(themeFile, ourPath)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/swami_themeselector/swami_themeselector.py", line 147, in addTheme
    edjeObj.file_set("%s/%s"%(ourPath, themeFile), "e/desktop/background")
  File "efl.edje_object.pxi", line 197, in efl.edje.Edje.file_set (efl/edje/efl.edje.c:19807)
efl.edje.EdjeLoadError: Unknown format (file='/home/xxx/.e/e/themes//MokshaRadiance-master.zip', group='e/desktop/background')

The extra / leading MokshRadiance-master.zip throws me a bit.

Good call. I'll have to rename the desktop file.

I'll also add a check to only try to add theme files for the theme module. For now you can get past that error message by removing all non-theme files from your theme directories.