Sign in to follow this  
rolfish

hibernate again please

Question

Hi, relating this thread I continue with a new as topic is different:

http://forums.bodhilinux.com/index.php?/topic/12562-upgrade-to-3-or-manual-work/

finally I could check the hibernate mode with a lubuntu system on another hard drive on my Fujitsu-Siemens laptop and it works fine.

I installed tuxonice and tuxonice-userui with the Synaptic Package Manager. Although there was no user-interface and no entry anywhere but it worked with the command line sudo pm-hibernate.

Then I was going to install tuxonice on my Bodhi with Synaptic but tuxonice is not available there, only tuxonice-userui which is just an interface, not the program. I had reloaded Synaptic before searching it.

I tried also 'sudo apt-get install tuxonice ' but got only:
E: Unable to locate package tuxonice

Is there a way to get it? Or is there another way to enable it?
My hardware works for hibernate.
Thanks.

2 answers to this question

try looking for linux-generic-tuxonice instead of tuxonice. This info is based on https://launchpad.net/~tuxonice/+archive/ubuntu/ppa

If you check around the forums you will see they discourage the use of PPAs due to the possibility of breaking your system, however, this seems to be a name change of the package rather than use of a PPA.

thanks, helpful link.

Installation is finished but not working. I have also added the file

com.ubuntu.enable-hibernate.pkla in
/etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/
but no effekt.

I've tried than to install the recommended fdutils linux-doc-3.2.0 linux-source-3.2.0 linux-tools (they where recommended before installing tuxonice) but get the following message:

Package linux-doc-3.2.0 is not available, but is referred to by another package.

This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or

is only available from another source

E: Package 'linux-doc-3.2.0' has no installation candidate

I give it up but would like to know what is Bodhi missing that makes Lubuntu working hibernation with tuxonice?

Sign in to follow this