Sign in to follow this  
hippytaff

Compiling Terminology from Source

Moksha 0.2.0 was promoted to the stable branch a few days ago.

Yeah, is it in the iso's?

Also, compiling terminology 0.9.0. What replaces Elementary and EFL in Moksha?

elementary >= 1.7.0    eina >= 1.7.0    eet >= 1.7.0    evas >= 1.7.0    ecore >= 1.7.0    ecore-evas >= 1.7.0    ecore-file >= 1.7.0    edje >= 1.7.0    emotion >= 1.7.0    ecore-input >= 1.7.0    ecore-imf >= 1.7.0    ecore-imf-evas >= 1.7.0    ecore-ipc >= 1.7.0    efreet >= 1.7.0    ethumb_client >= 1.7.0

Hippytaff...trying to understand stuff since 1979

The next scheduled ISO image update is the 3.2.0 release in March.

Moksha utilizes EFL / Elementary just like E does. They are both installed by default in Bodhi.

cool.

hmm...getting this when compiling

configure: error: Package requirements (   elementary >= 1.7.0    eina >= 1.7.0    eet >= 1.7.0    evas >= 1.7.0    ecore >= 1.7.0    ecore-evas >= 1.7.0    ecore-file >= 1.7.0    edje >= 1.7.0    emotion >= 1.7.0    ecore-input >= 1.7.0    ecore-imf >= 1.7.0    ecore-imf-evas >= 1.7.0    ecore-ipc >= 1.7.0    efreet >= 1.7.0    ethumb_client >= 1.7.0    ) were not met:

...and

Package libpng was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libpng.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
Package 'libpng', required by 'evas', not found

Got it to configure fine with that info from the build scripts. bails during make now with this error.

edje_cc: Warning. Part 'terminology.tabcount.label' in group 'terminology/background' contains description 'default:0' which has text.min: 1 X; but not text.ellipsis: -1;

edje_cc: Warning. This is almost certainly not what you want.

just loops like that for a while. I thought it was terminal so ctrl+c'd out. >.<

Edit - Compiled...my lord, that was a learning curve. Not a complete success though make install was fine. But terminology -V still says 0.8.0. :/

Did you uninstall the version of terminology you have installed from the Bodhi repos?

Not the first time around no >.<

Got my head around compiling stuff for moksa now though (Well Teminology, at least). Finally. Thanks to persistence and the patience of the bodhi crew...not least you (Jeff).

Brush up on packaging debs now. (and compile, install and test Terminology 0.9.1, because that's how I roll)

Terminology? I had no issues at all. Split and tabs work etc no segfaults.

The only error I get is when exiting a chile terminal, in the main terminal:

ERR<3257>:termpty termpty.c:213 _cb_fd_read() error while reading from tty slave fd

I did have errors again - loading epulse and places modules on startup, but I don't think I had autoremoved at the time, so I'll double check that.