The waiter

Theme fixing

Question

Hello

I decided to dedicate some time to E17/Moksha themes. It is a nice topic and I wanted to look closer under the hood. I started a few days ago with a trial and error procedure but it led more to frustration than success. After some studying (thanx Duma) and struggling I have managed to fix my favourite MokshaRadiance theme. I had noticed CPUfreq tacho was overlapped with value thus hardly readable. Also battery gadget values were illegible in case of  small shelf size. Both are fixed and available on my github.

https://github.com/thewaiter/MokshaRadiance 

and result is here

http://i.imgur.com/j5xaVsF.png

What I like here is to say, I would dedicate this thread to everyone who is able to participate on theme fixing. I have found many and many bugs with modules, values, bad colors, no right mouse clicks on the shelf etc. A lot of work need to be done. I believe many of you are more skilled and more familiar with theme job. Why not to work together and make more usable and nicer themes.

So, at first we need to know problematic themes. Something what need to fix. So if you have your favourite one with a cosmetic issue, let us know here. 

• Like 1

53 answers to this question

Hello

After some time some theme fixes again. This time almost all changes are devoted to the moksha-forum theme. I have mentioned some of them in this forum thread 

http://forums.bodhilinux.com/index.php?/topic/14297-checkboxes-sometimes-invisible-in-firefox-with-bodhiforum-theme/?p=103971

but I added another ones and they should be annonunced in this thread so let's list them:

• TClock fix
  • CPUFreq align and ellipsis fix
  • Everything bad icon text align fix
  • Slider widget ellipsis fix

and two new fixes from today

• Systray background fix
  • Ephoto fileselector fix

iTJ4yHN.png

Enjoy :)

I will ask Jeff for the new package...

Stefan

PS: some minor changes applied to detorious theme also.

https://github.com/thewaiter?tab=repositories

• Like 1

Hello

Some fixes are done in moksha-radiance. I have mentioned some of them in another forum thread but this is a better place. So:

1. Active window on the task module highlighted

2. Theme was fixed to be able for compiling under Bodhi 4.x. (efl edje_cc is more strict than before)

3. Everything (quick launcher) popup dialog scroller blinking has been fixed. I was wrong in above mentioned thread. Only default width worked, but if I changed the geometry, the issue emerged again. After a lot of testings I realized I was too thrilled and announced bug fix sooner than should be. I hope fixing scrolleframe.edc solved the issue completely. All tests passed here.

4. I have also seen, there was a bug in digital Clock module on the shelf. The right side of the rectangle area was not visible. So the minutes were cut.

Thanx Jeff for uploading theme to the repository.

bodhi-theme-moksha-radiance is ready for your latest commits testing. Thanx in advance

• Like 1

Hello

After a week of hard work (at least for me), let me introduce fixed theme which I like a lot: Moksha Moonlight theme. This theme has got elementary and GTK support, so don't forget to apply them in the settings.

After new EFL changes many bugs appeared and frankly, many bugs were there also before. The biggest change was my aim to have this theme with window controls on the right and app icon on the left. I hope it is not bad news for users which want it vice versa. If yes, just let me know.

The list of changes is so long I won't show it here. You can see it under commit section of my git hub

https://github.com/thewaiter/MokshaMoonlight/commits/master

During the fixing I came across a few weird issues which couldn't be done without help of okra (e-dev) and Ylee. Thanx guys...

I assume there could be some bugs I did not track down. Please let me know after Jeff will create the deb and put it to the repository.

YxoI1DP.png

• Like 5

Moonlight for right-handers, sweet! Finished the border switching which made the theme less beautiful.

Thanks for the hard work, this includes your friends with the helping hands.  :)

Enjoy,

Charles

Can't wait til Jeff gets it updated in the repo. That really looks like a nice theme! Good work you all!

In general, I aksed e-devs for adding a feature of setting where an user can decide the border control side. The answer was, it is only a matter of theme. I was really surprised, but now I know why. Changing the side was a real nightmare. This was my 3rd attempt to do that. Consider the changes in commit. This commit is "nothing" more than switch the controls and app icon vice versa. I admit, there are some theme apps like enventor or eflete which should help, but after trying it, I decided to continue manually with edc file with Geany :)

https://github.com/thewaiter/MokshaMoonlight/commit/5541fbe70bbfdf1b916f9ecc0a1c06ff023372c7

If anybody here is aware of better way how to manipulate the themes, I will really appreciate it...

• Like 1

OK guys

bodhi-theme-moksha-moonlight in the repo for your joy and testings :)

(Thanx Jeff for packaging and adding)

Stefan

• Like 4

so can you get it from the appcenter?  if you have an older one installed how do you get rid of that one and install the new one.  if it is already install it says you already have it and won't install over it  in regard to doing it from appcenter.

thanks.

so can you get it from the appcenter?  if you have an older one installed how do you get rid of that one and install the new one.  if it is already install it says you already have it and won't install over it  in regard to doing it from appcenter.

thanks.

If it already installed with the most recent version it will not reinstall indeed. Now that there is a new version it will install and replace the older one, just like would happen to any other package.

Enjoy,

Charles

• Like 1

Hello guys

Weekend without family + back pain = Bodhi time :)

Now to the point. In one post I gave an answer to one user about brighter theme and I pointed him to the Sunshine theme. I must admit I never used it, because it is too bright for me, lol. Anyway, I looked at the preview picture and I realized something is wrong. Blue shelf? Blue sliders? Something is yellow and something blue. OK, I spent some time analyzing and realized this theme is very badly done. It is based on the moonlight theme which I fixed some weeks ago. It was a good news for me. Less work. Anyway I had to recolorize all blue objects (E, Elm and also GTK), which led me to installing Bimp bash pluging which helped me a lot. The result is much better Sunshine theme for our users. I commited all changes to my and Jeff's repo, so let's wait for the package update. In the meantime the result:

Before:

jSBIzZs.png

After:

OVc3PqM.png

Again, I wont list all changes. Almost 20 changes. A lot in the background of the theme. All you can see in the commit list

https://github.com/thewaiter/MokshaSunshine/commits/master

Have fun and let me know if you see sth in the theme I forgot to adjust...

Stefan

• Like 4

Hello guys

Another theme work has been done. I considered to be annoying the slider widget button did not move and change its value if I clicked before or behind it (under or above the button in the vertical slider). I needed to focus my mouse to grab the button, hold and release on the changed position. I believe you understand me :)

This fix (beside the battery text value fix) has been applied to Moonlight, Sunshine and Detorious themes.

Enjoy in the upcoming packages (Jeff ?!)

Stefan

PS: This trivial fix took me "just" 8 hours. Damn, I can't remember when I was so upset with the theme work. Now enjoying my headache ;)

• Like 6

Hi guys

The story (as always :) ) : I wanted bring to life some bright themes but unfortunately Angelic theme was buggy and I did not manage its compiling. Then, looking at some more themes, I come across BlingBling theme which was consulted here on the forum a year ago by mbert and Duma users. I liked the theme but after compiling I realized it is the most unfinished theme I have ever seen. Ugly toolbar arrows, no themed run everything and syscon, no digital clock and ugly calendar and many many more. So after 2 full days let me show you the progress in theming:

Before

e-59c418d0b2f601.46546125.jpg

After

e-59c412dc573129.24347380.jpg

As usual all commits you can find here:

https://github.com/thewaiter/etheme-blingbling-e20/commits/master

Enjoy :)

Stefan

• Like 3

I liked the theme but after compiling I realized it is the most unfinished theme I have ever seen.

Yep, you're absolutely right. I found it "good enough" for my daily work and worthwhile publishing since there's hardly anything for 20 out there. 

Excellent work, thank you for having made this much more complete now!

Thanx for kind words. As I said to you it is far from complete. Mainly ELM support is weak. If anybody here is able to help us, I will appreciate it.

It looks like I have found another BlingBling theme source with better (but not perfect) Elementary support. Let me have some time for applying those changes.

DOOMguy: yes the analog clock looks great. I took it from different BlingBling theme. I combined more themes into one project. I found mbert's repository as a good start. 

• Like 1

It looks like I have found another BlingBling theme source with better (but not perfect) Elementary support. Let me have some time for applying those changes.

DOOMguy: yes the analog clock looks great. I took it from different BlingBling theme. I combined more themes into one project. I found mbert's repository as a good start. 

That would be great. There's also a second theme, VulcanRetro E20, that is based largely on identical code (what I did with blingbling-e20 I did with VulcanRetro E20, too). I guess that after analyzing your changes, filling the gaps in that one will be rather easy. 

Great work. I love the bling bling theme. That was one of the reasons I got interrested in Enlightenment, great looking themes, something different.