Sign in to follow this  
The waiter

Ephoto red eye removal tool

I am again here with some cool info I would like to share with community. New tool (red eye removal tool) was added to Ephoto image viewer after my request to author some weeks ago. I hope we will try this feature and make deb package soon for you.

Enjoy :)

Thanx okra

• Like 2

The unfortunate side effect is that the application is no longer a viewer but an image editor, which means your photos or images will be opened in read-write, instead of read-only. It is hoped that the red-eye removal tool will be the only thing it needs. I have used qiv for plain viewing, for example. It remains light and quick because it does one job perfectly well that the author has moved on and considered his little pet project no longer needs him to monitor for bugs or problem reports. He welcomes patches, but of course they might require some justification.

• Like 1

It is a long time ago when Ephoto started to be an editor. Items like save, save as and features like crop and color manipulating are available for "ages". I have no problem with this. In general I like the fact I do not need to install more powerful app for such simple things like crop or other daily used stuff. But I accept your point of view. If you like read only app qiv, just use it.

• Like 1

Understood; besides there has to be a way to do a quick red-eye removal from those photos! And I'm glad I won't need to install anything else just for this "quick n easy" edit. It's way better than getting a more expensive camera  :)