Sign in to follow this  
nathanson1947

Xombrero Web Browswr

Xombrero's my fav' browser.

Pros: built-in security features (close to NoScript's ones to a good extend); simple GUI with an optional vim-like efficient key-binding mode; faster than any browser I've tested, whether on an Intel Core or an Atom Z520 (can load 40 tabs on the later and keep doing well); 10 times as stable as midori; devs are active on the project; *light* weight (about 750 KB + webkit...)

Cons: If you take it as a Chrome or ffx full-scale replacement you're missing the point.

Here are speed, memory and load average results of a few main stream and alternative browsers I did test with a 10 pages session; if you click on the link then on the full scale image you'll get animated results:

RHc.gif

To give you an idea surfing with xombrero in "whitelist mode" takes as little juice from my Atom netbook than... w3m (terminal browser). It's freaking efficient!

Cons: If you take it as a Chrome or ffx full-scale replacement you're missing the point.

I'm running Bodhi on a system with a modern processor but only 2GB of RAM. So I am kind of looking for a "full-scale replacement" for Chromium 32-bit (if nothing else, I'm a Gmail user both work and personal). If Xombrero isn't the right thing, any suggestions what is?  I've seen others saying positive things about PaleMoon.

Sign in to follow this