Sign in to follow this  
Trav87

30 Year Old Linux Virgin from Texas

My HP Pavillion dv4000 is quite possibly my longest commitment; I have the 1.6 ghz chipset, 512 mb RAM, the original 60gb HDD with an additional 160 gb.  I hadn't touched this machine in roughly 6 years for anything more than hunting down old files and copying them all over to external. You get the idea, it had become a "wall-hanger." 

So, I recently discovered LiLi USB creator and started testing out various Linux builds in VirtualBox.  I've always been interested in learning the OS but didn't have much luck in '09 when I played around with a friend's copy of Fedora and I'd basically written it off. That is, until I cleaned out my office and drug out my old college dinosaur.

In short, I said "adios Windows XP" and allowed Bodhi to take over.  I could not be more pleased as this decade old machine of mine quite possibly runs better than my newer PCs and laptop.  And I am loving Linux so far, even though I'm just beginning to learn it. 

Mad props to all the development team.  Out of all the distros I tested, Bodhi is the chosen one. 

• Like 1

Kind words :)

Enjoy the speed and beauty of Bodhi Linux and helpful community. Feel free to ask any question if you come across some troubles or you need just some info...

Welcome to the boards mate. Hit any issues be sure to open up a support thread.