Sign in to follow this  
BeGo

Repo Housekeeping (after Bodhi 4.0)

Dear Admins, sorry for rather rude post.  :)

One of the past reason I am loving Bodhi is, that how fast the distro is, yet everything is one click away, in Synaptic. 

But, some things changed by time, so I suggest we "house clean" them, make the naming convention more consistent and searchable.

• Back then, just by searching Bodhi in Synaptic can point me to all apps, including 3rd party apps in Bodhi repo, that related to Bodhi. bodhi-chromium for example. Now, several apps should be located manually, like Docear (except when using Muon). 
  • Back then, to get a good combi of app, just search Bodhi Bundle. Now, we have both Bodhi Bundle and Bodhi Pack.

Renan

A~h, I see. :)

Dear Jeff,

In short, if possible, I propose that naming convention in repo should be made consistent, e.g., ;)

• All apps in Bodhi repo have bodhi-something or moksha-something, e.g., bodhi-docear
  • All app bundles called bodhi-something-bundle, e.g., bodhi-photography-bundle

Renan

That would require a lot of needless repacking. Not sure what benefit is to be gained exactly from this. Shouldn't matter where a piece of software is coming from.

• Like 2