Sign in to follow this  
tuk0z

Localization much better in Bodhi4

Following Change system language - Bodhi wiki on the live 4-alpha2 system gave much more thorough results than in current stable --or 3.2.1 fully upgraded to 4.0alpha.

Where we're coming from:

zvf.png

Bodhi 3.2.1 within the field of my current knowledge (damned binary enlightenment conf files): only a few applications are localized; not even pcmanFM... And it's the same for 4alpha updated from current stable after moving $HOME/.e/e out.

...and where the team has brought our OS as of today:

yvf.png

Bodhi 4alpha2: looks fully localized (without even logging out once), but for a few apps (Bodhi's, ePhoto and ePad).

Seems Bodhi can now speak the language of a billion and a half more users than before ;)

Wondering what has changed in the background that allows such better results? E.g. is it in Ubuntu (I doubt it), Enlightenment-based Moksha or Bodhi conf?

--

EDIT: Set-up your wanted timezone:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata

And this is not needed anymore:

In default Bodhi has language-selector-common package installed, but if you want full localization in Abiword and perhaps in some other problematic apps as well, you have to install also package language-selector from the repos.
Edited by kozaki

Must be something that Ubuntu changed. I haven't touched localization settings in Moksha.

Different input method probably. Currently Ubuntu defaults to fcitx, where Bodhi for past releases recommended ibus. The current language-packs might also have been improved, it's not Bodhi that provides them.

Enjoy,

Charles

So that explains Moksha (e17) e.g. menu entries finally following the system's *locale*.

As for Gnumeric (Gnome Office) and probably a few other applications' interface, I'm guessing it must be some graphical library toolkit localization files that got included upstream, correct?