Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

New Default Theme for Bodhi 4.0.0

I might swap the default theme in Bodhi 4.0.0 to something fresh. Any thoughts on which one from the AppCenter you'd prefer? I might keep things simple and just go with the default Enlightenment theme since that has the best elementary support which makes some things easy.

Having a new look makes it easier for new users to distinguish a new release from the old as well.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Keep the default too, if it is perfect in every way, to showcase the best features of the distro, but the green theme that the waiter is talking about is perfect as a Bodhi theme and should only be a few clicks away.

Sorry SUSE but looks like green will soon be 0wn3d by Bodhi. Don't worry we can share  B)

Is there some misunderstanding here?

Bodhi currently defaults to the Radiance theme that has a few quirks atm.

Then there is the second theme, the default Enlightenment, dark with blue elements like the clock and more.

In my understanding the question is: should we replace the Radiance theme with something else.

Personally I like the Moonlight theme, maybe with a new background to look fresh for B4.

@ The waiter. Is your green theme a variation on the Enlightenment Default? Your background is great btw.

Enjoy,

Charles.

BTW: I always have got a "green" feeling from the Bodhi Linux. This distro approach is by all means green in my POV. Less HW and system resources, old PCs resurrection (good for nature : ), the green leaf in the logo and fantastic calm non-offending community forum is the real GREEN POWER :)

Yea. Ofcourse the themes combination is possible but the new users do not know it. Just my pov. Maybe it is time to explore how to change buttons to the right in edc file. Need some time which I havent got now.

The forum theme might actually be an OK choice. It is fairly feature complete in terms of GTK / Elementary theme if I recall. Will have to see how well it works with the latest release.

Another idea is to customize this variation of the default theme that is light by default instead of dark:

ice1.jpg

Sorry SUSE but looks like green will soon be 0wn3d by Bodhi. Don't worry we can share  B)

BTW: I always have got a "green" feeling from the Bodhi Linux. This distro approach is by all means green in my POV. Less HW and system resources, old PCs resurrection (good for nature : ), the green leaf in the logo and fantastic calm non-offending community forum is the real GREEN POWER :)

hé hé hé ^_^

I for myself run for the KISSer one as colors and bling bling are like make-up. Actually the Japan theme is getting some interest at the DIY house where I'm setting Bodhi up. It's another, east Asian road to the efficient enlightened philosophy you guys pointed out ^o^

Check the green theme from my github which is not present in AppCenter... I fixed some bugs there and it looks pretty cool with elementary support.

https://github.com/thewaiter/MokshaGreen

http://imgur.com/rYuGAJk

I 2nd Moksha Green as my favourite Moksha Theme.

I will continue using it, but,

I will definitely try it when someone made Bodhi "transparent" theme.  :)

Renan