Zlatan

Hello from Palatine

Hello everybody!

My name is Zlatan. I live northwest of Chicago, village of Palatine. I am a first time user of Bodhi. Previous distros Ubuntu and Xubuntu.

Slight problem installing Bodhi on my SSD. It has been stuck at “Creating user” for almost an hour. Any suggestions? I am installing it on an old Toshiba Portege. It worked great of a USB.

Overall, I love the look and the fact that it’s so minimal. Moksha is great, don't change.

shot-2017-01-28_18-56-19_zps2mhdvypa.png

Hey there - 

Is there any chance you are selecting disc encryption while installing? We had another user report an Ubuntu bug was causing a similar issue when they selected this option. If not can you specify some of the other install options you have used? Partitioning setup and such specifically.

I'm actually from the Chicago area, but live in central IL now. In the north burbs fairly often for work though, just got back from North Brook in fact. 

Welcome to the forums!

Thank you. And thank you for the response. But, yes I did select disc encryption. So, should I avoid that for the time being?

Thank you. And thank you for the response. But, yes I did select disc encryption. So, should I avoid that for the time being?

Skip that for the time being yes - seems to be broken in the Ubuntu installer on some systems for the time being :-/

• Like 1