terray

Clock is 13 hours early

Question

9 answers to this question

Open terminology and run the command:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata

You will be prompted to type your password (which will not appear while being typed) press enter and follow the on screen questions. Note this is an ncurses screen so you will need to navigate it with the keyboard.

Hit any issues feel free to ask.

Welcome to the forums mate.

Open terminology and run the command:

You will be prompted to type your password (which will not appear while being typed) press enter and follow the on screen questions. Note this is an ncurses screen so you will need to navigate it with the keyboard.

Hit any issues feel free to ask.

Welcome to the forums mate.

Jeff - I added this info to the Wiki...under the "configuring-your-new-bodhi-system"...seems to come up a fair amount on the forums.

• Like 1

Good idea. Swami has a GUI for changing date / time - so hopefully I have that read for our next release.

• Like 1

Good idea. Swami has a GUI for changing date / time - so hopefully I have that read for our next release.

Hey Jeff - is this the way to go?

For some reason, my jump to 4.1.0 made my clock go wonky and running

didn't seem to fix it.  My bios clock looks ok, etc.

Thoughts?

Do you have two operating systems on your computer? If so it sounds like one is set to UTC and one isn't.

Do you have two operating systems on your computer? If so it sounds like one is set to UTC and one isn't.

I don't, and actually the drive that I'm using was crispy and fresh out of the package just for Bodhi.  I know, it's odd...and the thing was, with 4.0.0, the clock was correct.  For me, I really don't mind that much, but just found it odd.

Try

sudo apt-get install ntp

I can't remember if I tried this or not, I feel like I did, but I'll give it another shot.  [edit] This definitely worked.

Thank you Jeff and Stefan!

Had a similar issue as well and Swami could not even invoke. Recall it functioning in 4.0 but in 4.1.0 I rectified the matter installing GNOME appliances over Moksha. In this case I switched on the Preferences and used the Time & Date GUI and changed the location.

If you're using Bodhi 4.0 and higher (works for versions lower too), best to use timedatectl

But first check if there is the following (shouldn't be in Bodhi 4.0 and higher), if there is set 'utc=yes'

/etc/default/rcS
utc=yes

Then proceed as follows.{ First command is to check what timezone applies to your specific case. }

2nd command use what applies

$ timedatectl list-timezones
# timedatectl set-timezone America/Los_Angeles
# timedatectl set-ntp true
# timedatectl set-local-rtc false
# hwclock --systohc --utc

Do last command only when your display clock shows the correct time.

Reminder - All OS's (including windows) must  preferably be set to utc. (and preferably disable ntp in windows).